Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Heater

Hello all,
    The rear bedroom of our 376th is freezing during colder temps. Being so far back we get limited heat from the furnace. I would like to buy a small 110 heater, but their are so many choices. I am worried about about amp use off of the plug in. Does anyone use one they recommend?

Thanks
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

We use a very small 1500 watt square ceramic heater from Lowes. It draws about 12 amps, and we have moved it to various outlets in our trailer (e.g. to warm the bathroom during a shower) with no issues. We just need to remember to run it on a different circuit in the morning when we fire up the Keurig. When it is in the upper 30's or low 40's it's all we use to heat our trailer during the night (2600RB), but we like it on the cool side when we sleep.
    Mike and (RIP Karen)
    2021 2600RB
    2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

We use a couple of small 300w heaters when we are in the really cold weather. Surprising what that little heater will do to balance out the heat. They are small enough and have such a small power consumption that you can plug them in almost anywhere and not worry about the draw.

2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

What AZMike said. Just make sure the heater doesn't draw more amps than the circuit is protected for (We use ours on the low power setting). We prop the door to the half bath open and have the heater blowing into it and towards the washer connection to make sure none of the water lines freeze.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I have an oscillating heater that I use. I run it on a low setting to take the chill off.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thanks everyone
            "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
            2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
            2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
            2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

Working...
            X