Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion Air Conditioner and Furnace Thermostat Issue (Yes, Again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe something like this?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fleming-Sup...ply/5001379725
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

ThePowells Thanks! I'm sure I can find it now. Cable concealer is much easier to search for than "vinyl cover something"
      2021 Transcend 247BH

Comment

I'm pretty sure whachamacallit and doohickie thingie are also valid search terms. I'm glad I could help. SWMBO doesn't understand my aimless wonderings in Blue and Orange stores.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

D-Line Mini Cord Cover from Lowes. Comes in 60” lengths. Come with adhesive tape but I added screws about every 2-3 feet to prevent them from detaching in hot weather.
          2022 3100RD
          2019 F-150 V6 Twin Turbo 10 speed
          Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

It's really not that bad now that I look at my photo

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220315_123154.jpg
Views:	1042
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	79122
            2021 Transcend 247BH

Comment

CaliCamping -- moved your post to https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...0025#post90025

Also, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
              Last edited by howson; 07-13-2022, 06:52 AM.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I am going to attempt to clear up the complaints about the Furrion A/C issues...

The reason why the room sensor is in the A/C intake plenum is that it was designed as a multi zone system (up to 4 zones). If your rig has more than one A/C the thermostat (controller) is used to set the desired temperature, allowing each zone to maintain the set temperature in it's zone independently. This is probably not ideal for a single zone setup, they probably should have designed a different thermostat and control box for single zone setups since (probably) the vast majority are single zone.
                Mike and (RIP Karen)
                2021 2600RB
                2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Originally posted by AZMike View Post
                  I am going to attempt to clear up the complaints about the Furrion A/C issues...

The reason why the room sensor is in the A/C intake plenum is that it was designed as a multi zone system (up to 4 zones). If your rig has more than one A/C the thermostat (controller) is used to set the desired temperature, allowing each zone to maintain the set temperature in it's zone independently. This is probably not ideal for a single zone setup, they probably should have designed a different thermostat and control box for single zone setups since (probably) the vast majority are single zone.
                  An ideal situation would have been an installation option to select "Single Zone" (thermostat monitors the temperature) or "Multiple Zone" (thermostat monitors the inputs from the multiple ceiling units and powers each accordingly).
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

An ideal situation would have been an installation option to select "Single Zone" (thermostat monitors the temperature) or "Multiple Zone" (thermostat monitors the inputs from the multiple ceiling units and powers each accordingly).
                    Bingo. There should be a switch or a jumper for single zone operation.
                    2022 Imagine 2600RB
                    2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Hello, I am a new member.
                      I have the same problem with the ac Furrion. I live in Florida and the temperature is too high here. I need my ac all the time. I don't know where exactly to put the room sensor to make it work well. Yesterday I placed it outside the unit between the filter slot and the unit was constantly on and off about every 5 minutes on and only on for 3 minutes and then turn off. Please if someone could help me.

Thank you
                      Chiquis​

Comment

Originally posted by Chiquis View Post
                        Hello, I am a new member.
                        I have the same problem with the ac Furrion. I live in Florida and the temperature is too high here. I need my ac all the time. I don't know where exactly to put the room sensor to make it work well. Yesterday I placed it outside the unit between the filter slot and the unit was constantly on and off about every 5 minutes on and only on for 3 minutes and then turn off. Please if someone could help me.

Thank you
                        Chiquis​
                        Welcome to the forum! This has been discussed several times, but her is one thread that talks about moving the sensor.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ssue-yes-again

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

So they are going back to a wall-mounted thermostat like every HVAC system ever made uses. What a great idea.

Jim
                            2022 has this thermostat, and it works correctly. EXCEPT for the low temp, the heat low is 60 degrees. If they would change the firmware to 45-50 then the heat problem would be solved.

But do not get me started on the AC that cycles every 5 minutes.🙄

Comment

I was unaware the updated thermostat from Furrion only controls the furnace temperature. The video below from AZ Expert is a bit long, but well done explaining the problem. He also installs a Micro Air thermostat so it makes for an interesting installation. If you have a Furrion air conditioner in your rig this is well worth watching IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3I4zdGZm0

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-30 071208 (Medium).png
Views:	245
Size:	618.3 KB
ID:	120996

Howard

Comment

Thanks for that post Howard! Just finished watching it. My neighbor has a new Imagine XLS with the Furrion and we swear they were complaining about it this summer. I’ll give it a check out tomorrow and see if it is the same issue.

Anyone know the part number of the fixed thermostat that solves the furnace issue? I understand we have to re-locate the sensor to fix the AC issue.
                                2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo") | Victron Multiplus | Lithium
                                2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Comment

Working...
                                X