Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion thermostat minimum temperature

Hello

We went on an overnight trip this week and it was 0 degrees Celsius outside so we used the furnace all night.

It worked ok, but I was annoyed that the minimum I could set the temperature to was 16 degrees. We went prepared to sleep in the cold, and though 16 degrees is normally uncomfortably cold: we were sweating.

Reading the specs on all three thermostats Furrion makes they all say 16°C to 30°C. Is there any way to override that? I'd prefer a minimum of 5, at most 10. Blankets and warm clothes can deal with the rest.

If this turns out to bother me enough: how hard is it to replace the thermostat with a different brand that doesn't have this limitation? Does the connection follow some sort of standard?

Thanks in advance.
    2021 Transcend 247BH

Originally posted by AndrewSmith View Post
    Hello

We went on an overnight trip this week and it was 0 degrees Celsius outside so we used the furnace all night.

It worked ok, but I was annoyed that the minimum I could set the temperature to was 16 degrees. We went prepared to sleep in the cold, and though 16 degrees is normally uncomfortably cold: we were sweating.

Reading the specs on all three thermostats Furrion makes they all say 16°C to 30°C. Is there any way to override that? I'd prefer a minimum of 5, at most 10. Blankets and warm clothes can deal with the rest.

If this turns out to bother me enough: how hard is it to replace the thermostat with a different brand that doesn't have this limitation? Does the connection follow some sort of standard?

Thanks in advance.
    What model thermostat? If unsure, take a picture and post it.

Also, there's a model # of the air conditioner interface just on the other side of the filter. You should see a bunch of wires up in there and a white sticker off to the side. Either take a pic of the model # or post the #, too.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The trailer is in storage, and stupidly I left the bag with the manuals in it. I'm pretty sure this is the thermostat I have: https://furrion.com/products/single-...674045b1&_ss=r

I didn't realize the air conditioner had anything to do with it, so I didn't look at it.
      2021 Transcend 247BH

Comment

The trailer is in storage, and stupidly I left the bag with the manuals in it. I'm pretty sure this is the thermostat I have: https://furrion.com/products/single-...674045b1&_ss=r

I didn't realize the air conditioner had anything to do with it, so I didn't look at it.
        The temperature sensor is in the air conditioner return duct--not the thermostat. This could be part of the reason it seemed so hot in the camper. Check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ssue-yes-again

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Oh, thanks Howard. I guess I'll have to do an international call to see if GD will help me with the relocation kit. Of course I'll first confirm that I have the same problem as everyone else.
          2021 Transcend 247BH

Comment

Oh, thanks Howard. I guess I'll have to do an international call to see if GD will help me with the relocation kit. Of course I'll first confirm that I have the same problem as everyone else.
            Consider setting the fan on "A" (automatic) when HEAT (the furnace) is selected. The a/c fan will turn on with the furnace (I think there's a slight delay) so the warmest air in the trailer will be drawn through the a/c duct intake and past the sensor. The warm air will theoretically spread more evenly throughout the trailer.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Am I right assuming that the fan will not work regardless of the setting when I only have battery power?
              2021 Transcend 247BH

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Am I right assuming that the fan will not work regardless of the setting when I only have battery power?
                The air conditioner fan will only work when the trailer is plugged into shore power as it uses 120vAC. If boondocking...that is obviously an issue. Some have pulled the sensor down through the filter to expose it to the room (be careful!). If running the a/c fan is not feasible then the relocation kit may be the best option for you.

Please post back with what you do (and how well it works). The forum learns from owners sharing their experience.

Howard

Comment

Working...
                X