AC will keeps running on auto mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC will keeps running on auto mode

I have a Dometic Brisk air 15k and it keeps running even when temp is reached when in Auto mode. I just replaced the thermostat as I had an extra one around to see of that was the issue, but it did not work. I made sure vents are not directed to main grill. Any ideas?
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Beachcamper,

This happened to me when I first purchased my Imagine. There is a setting on the Dometic thermostat where it was set to run the fan at all times. I changed this to run only when calling for cooling. I do not recall the combination of buttons to push at the same time but this procedure will be listed in your manual if this happens to be the issue with your rig. It may be a rare occurrence that this setting would be in two stats but I would install a known good unit and check this setting.

Jim
    Last edited by Guest; 11-16-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      Beachcamper,

This happened to me when I first purchased my Imagine. There is a setting on the Dometic thermostat where it was set to run the fan at all times. I changed this to run only when calling for cooling. I do not recall the combination of buttons to push at the same time but this procedure will be listed in your manual if this happens to be the issue with your rig. It may be a rare occurrence that this setting would be in two stats but I would install a known good unit and check this setting.

Jim
      Jim, I believe that is the auto setting. It will run until it gets to temp and then turn off. I even reset the thermostat and have run it on low then switched to auto. Only way it stops running is if I shut it off. It’s a 2018 so hopefully nothing that is too seriously wrong (and expensive)
      Vivian
      2018 Reflection 303rls
      Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
        I have a Dometic Brisk air 15k and it keeps running even when temp is reached when in Auto mode. I just replaced the thermostat as I had an extra one around to see of that was the issue, but it did not work. I made sure vents are not directed to main grill. Any ideas?
        If it's not the thermostat, my guess is the control board on the air conditioner. On auto, the fan should shut off when the desired temperature is reached. You've already replaced the thermostat, so there's not much left.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Well, getting cool here in south Florida (FINALLY) 😊 I have looked at my paper work and have one month left on warranty. Will be calling Dometic on Monday. Will update when all done. Thanks guys!

vivian
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Demco Recon

Comment

Mobile tech came by and it is a Freon leak. He ordered a new unit which Dometic is paying for under warranty. It will be here in another week luckily I have the bedroom unit. It’s getting hot down here in South Florida.
            Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
              Mobile tech came by and it is a Freon leak. He ordered a new unit which Dometic is paying for under warranty. It will be here in another week luckily I have the bedroom unit. It’s getting hot down here in South Florida.
              It is so nice when folks report back on the cause and solution to a problem. Thanks much for doing that!

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim, it bothers me as well when looking for info and not getting a final response as to how issue was resolved. I learn a lot from all of you here.

My mobile tech specializes in HVAC plus refrigerators in the yacht and RV community here in south Florida. He has been getting a lot of calls lately as snowbirds are coming in. The lower profile Dometic AC’s are in his opinion much better than the higher profile one standard in Reflection 15k unit. He hardly has calls for those units. In fact, our warranty forever policy let’s him upgrade to a replacement of the lower profile unit when they replace a Brisk Air II such as in our case, Mine is still under Dometic warranty so getting the same style replaced.

Vivian
                Vivian
                2018 Reflection 303rls
                Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
                X