Bathroom Too Hot? Damper the Furnace's Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Too Hot? Damper the Furnace's Output

Given that the distance of the registers from the furnace in our trailers are all different, some rooms will be hotter than others. A typical complaint is the bathroom is too hot, as that room is usually very close to the furnace.

A solution is a dampered heating register. If you have a round heat outlet, this is a replacement you may consider:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A10-...4538075&sr=1-7

Below are a few pictures of one I looked at in person. (I'll be getting two of these for my 315RLTS, one for the bathroom and one for the bedroom.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	damper1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	7567

Click image for larger version  Name:	Damper2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.1 KB ID:	7568
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

To help with even heat distribution throughout my camper I ordered two dampered heat registers (one for the bathroom and one for the bedroom). Below is what is shown on Amazon:

Below is what I recieved--note the item # on the package received matches the item # on Amazon but the item is not what's shown on Amazon's site. (I don't want those ugly "fingers" pointing out the front!)

Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Howard have you put them in yet? If so how do they work. As you may know my bedroom is 6-7 degrees colder than the living room and I was just going to use foil tape to block the bathroom to try and get more heat to the bedroom. I have done all of checking underneath and nothing is wrong other than I think GD should have put a second vent by the closet or by the dresser.
      2018 315 RLTS
      2015 F 250 XLT 4x4 PSD

Comment

Originally posted by colo native View Post
        Howard have you put them in yet? If so how do they work. As you may know my bedroom is 6-7 degrees colder than the living room and I was just going to use foil tape to block the bathroom to try and get more heat to the bedroom. I have done all of checking underneath and nothing is wrong other than I think GD should have put a second vent by the closet or by the dresser.
        I forgot I'd posted this thread. I moved a post from a different thread I started (and have now removed) into post #2 of this thread. I returned the ones sent by Amazon. I looked at the local Camping World and they also had the "wrong" kind. (I don't like those "fingers" sticking out!)

So I can't speak to whether they work or not, but I'm sure they will--if I can find one that I like.

Comment

Working...
        X