Closable Vent Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closable Vent Upgrade

In our Imagine 2400BH, when the AC is running and the bathroom door is shut - even with the vents on the AC unit open the bathroom can get quite cool. A little colder than my wife cares for.

The answer? A new Vent that has the ability to close.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is what they look like originally.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220319_205310371.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.1 KB ID:	80897

To remove, it is not that difficult, but it can be a challenge to get them started. They are simply compressed into the slot and once in it grabs the mounting plastic around the hole so they do not come out accidentally or too easily. With a little prying and compression it will pop right out giving you the following picture.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220319_205317153.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.7 KB ID:	80898

The new vent cover installed. From the picture you can see that it still can rotate as well as close off or change the direction of the airflow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220320_230432562.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.1 KB ID:	80899

Here is a picture of it closed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220320_230436367.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	80900

For the $20-30 cost, if you need additional control of some air flow I would recommend the upgrade. I haven't yet seen the full benefit of it, but believe it is going to accomplish my wife's goals.
    Last edited by howson; 04-01-2022, 05:29 AM.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

I concur. We did same thing in our Reflection.
    2018 337RLS
    720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
    disc brakes, ems

Comment

Okay, my wife just came up stairs with a twitch in her left eye and asked if I was shopping on Amazon again. You guys are killing me!

Our 2400BH, also, has a chilly loo when the A/C is on... I didn't realise how much it bothered me until I saw the remedy. Thanks for posting.

Mike
      Mike & Sonya
      2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
      Blue Ox SwayPro
      2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

NoPeeking as long as she does not sneak up on you with the bull tamer in an attempt to stop you, all is good. Just tell her it's to help control the temperature where she sits.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

NoPeeking -- Yoda is our resident expert on how to sneak things by SWMBO. I'm sure he'll be along shortly with a few sage tips.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post
            Okay, my wife just came up stairs with a twitch in her left eye and asked if I was shopping on Amazon again. You guys are killing me!

Our 2400BH, also, has a chilly loo when the A/C is on... I didn't realise how much it bothered me until I saw the remedy. Thanks for posting.

Mike
            That's just funny. Glad I could help.

In our case, if it has to do with camping....the wife doesn't mind much spending....most of the time.

My tip for sneaking amazon purchases by the wife? Get the Amazon Visa Rewards card and then use points and gift cards people give you. I usually do that for tools though /smile
            2020 Imagine 2400BH
            2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

I was initially looking at these, but not familiar with the installation and the process. I ran into these on Etsy. I needed 2 and was able to get a set for $20. Installation was simple they just snapped in, which makes them easy to remove for cleaning.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/9759926...f=yr_purchases
              2023 GD Imagine XLS 23 LDE
              2021 Toyota Tundra CM 4x4 5.7L
              Roadmaster Active Suspension (RAS)
              Curt Tru-Track 4P (8k) WDH
              Haloview BT-7 w/ Side Marker Cameras

Comment

I ordered closable vent registers for two of my furnace outlets. It gets much too hot in my 2600RB bedroom, and the vent outlet under the flip up counter blows right onto the thermostat sensor. I now have both of them closed when I run the furnace.
                Mike and (RIP Karen)
                2021 2600RB
                2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Working...
                X