Furrion Chill AC Filter Media Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Chill AC Filter Media Upgrade

If you're allergy-prone like me, and camp in dusty desert environments, also like me, the factory filter in the Furrion AC unit is a bit insufficient. I think it's MERV .0001 or something. Anyways, the Furrion units are too new so RV-Air doesn't make a specific filter. They do-however, make the cut-to-fit AC-300G which you can get at just about any Wallyworld (exclusively). I haven't been to a Walmart in a long time. When did they get rid of the friendly old guys greeting people?

Anyways, this is a 5 minute job. 15 if you like to futz around like me.

1. Remove the inlet grille
    2. Pull off the old filter media
    3. Lay it on top of the new filter
    4. Cut the new media to fit the same space.
    5. Put the new media down green-side-up and do your best to stick the triangular pegs up through media
    6. Put a bunch of small O rings over the pegs to hold the media in place
    7. Optionally, run some rubber-bands between the pegs. With the O rings, this isn't strictly necessary. I removed one of the bands after this photo and just left a triangular pattern over the middle three pegs.

This gets you a MERV 6 rating. It's not going to filter air like a clean room, but it'll remove a lot more dust and stuff than the factory unit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220409_182655219.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	81728
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 Sierra Denali 1500

For anyone else looking to do this mod, hold off for now. I experienced my AC freezing up with this filter in place. Bummer too because it runs quieter with this filter, but I suspect it may be too restrictive. I'll be testing this out again next month with this filter, then the standard filter in place.
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Working...
    X