Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion Air Conditioner Webinar (Notes and Response from LCI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post

FLA is FULL LOAD AMPS. F.L.A. represents the amount of current the motor is designed to draw at the rated horsepower.
    Yep--I got it wrong. Corrected in original post. Thanks for the note.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by SDAxTwo View Post

I called on 5/16. Just the main number on the Customer Service line 574-825-9679 and chose the option to have them call me back. Waited about 20 min and they called me back.

I told the rep that I was having issues with the temperature control for my Furrion chill A/C. She told me they had just had a bulletin come down describing the new parts.

She also told me that the Temp Sensor Relocation kit was voiding the warranty from Furrion if it was installed. But, if it works, and there's not a future failure that would need a warranty claim, all would be ok.

I was not "told" this, but I did get the impression that if the "kit" was sent to you by Grand Design and there was a warranty issue that Grand Design was making it right and fixing or replacing the Furrion A/c at their cost though. If you purchased the relocation kit on your own though, I think you'd be on your own if there was a warranty issue with Furrion.

I have not received the new parts yet, and I suspect it will be a few weeks before I do. I will update this post if no one esle has about the new parts when they do arrive.

Stephen

Thanks so much for your reply. I spoke with a second person in customer service that knew what I was talking about, all is well and the parts are on their way as of today. I will post a reply with what parts arrive and my findings after the install.

This forum is great! We would have struggled with this issue for quite some time if I had not found this post. Thanks everyone!

Landon

Comment

Please post when your new parts arrive and get installed. My relocation hack is still working well but I'd prefer an "official" fix.
        2022 Imagine 2600RB
        2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

I had previously spoken with a GD Customer Service representative who agreed to send me the “relocation kit”. I had not received it after a couple of weeks; so called them back and looks like the two parts are now on back order—here is what I received from a Regional Service Manager: “Looks like the parts are on back order. The controller is due to Grand Design from the vendor Furrion on 6/7 and the thermostat is due to Grand Design from the vendor Furrion on 7/8. Once the parts arrive here at Grand Design they will be packaged and shipped out.”
          Jim & Laura - 2024 Reflection 320MKS towed by 2022 Silverado 2500HD Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by ITDaddy View Post
            I had previously spoken with a GD Customer Service representative who agreed to send me the “relocation kit”. I had not received it after a couple of weeks; so called them back and looks like the two parts are now on back order—here is what I received from a Regional Service Manager: “Looks like the parts are on back order. The controller is due to Grand Design from the vendor Furrion on 6/7 and the thermostat is due to Grand Design from the vendor Furrion on 7/8. Once the parts arrive here at Grand Design they will be packaged and shipped out.”
            Thanks for the update Jim (or Laura)!

Still waiting on my parts also, but I keep checking the forums to see if anyone has received them yet.

Stephen

Comment

I requested the parts/relocation kit via email and received a 'parts ordered' confirmation on 5/19 from Customer Service. According to my USPS Informed Delivery alerts, two packages shipped from Elkhart, IN on 6/16. Unfortunately, the tracking doesn't indicate the shipper's name. Both are due to arrive by 6/23. Since I haven't ordered anything from anyone in Indiana recently, I'm thinking these might be the relocation kit parts shipped from Furrion or Grand Design. I'll post an update next week if that's the case.

One package arrived today which contained the parts. The other package is scheduled to arrive 6/23 -- not sure what might be in that one? Maybe the installation instructions? There were no instructions enclosed. Presuming I can figure it out though.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3768.png
Views:	514
Size:	678.3 KB
ID:	87915

Last edited by jahowe; 06-18-2022, 12:47 PM. Reason: Parts have arrived! Included a picture of the box contents.
              Jeff & Patty
              2022 Transcend XPLOR 247BH
              2011 F150 4x4 SC 5.0 w/TT package

Comment

That looks promising! Let us know how it goes please.
                2022 Imagine 2600RB
                2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Originally posted by jahowe View Post
                  I requested the parts/relocation kit via email and received a 'parts ordered' confirmation on 5/19 from Customer Service. According to my USPS Informed Delivery alerts, two packages shipped from Elkhart, IN on 6/16. Unfortunately, the tracking doesn't indicate the shipper's name. Both are due to arrive by 6/23. Since I haven't ordered anything from anyone in Indiana recently, I'm thinking these might be the relocation kit parts shipped from Furrion or Grand Design. I'll post an update next week if that's the case.

One package arrived today which contained the parts. The other package is scheduled to arrive 6/23 -- not sure what might be in that one? Maybe the installation instructions? There were no instructions enclosed. Presuming I can figure it out though.

Awesome!!! I can’t wait to receive mine, hoping it comes soon.

Any chance you can open the thermostat and show us what it looks like if it’s any different? I have heard a rumour that the new thermostats have a temperature probe built in on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by jahowe View Post

I got the same parts in Saturday, but was camping.

When I got home today I opened the box.

No instructions either, but after examining the parts, it is a new Tstat, and control box.

You can see the temp sensor in the Tstat, but there is still one on the control box. Although it is much shorter (probably so that it cannot be poked down through the filter).

Hopefully it will make a huge difference!

Name:	20220619_173949.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	87986
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SDAxTwo View Post

I got the same parts in Saturday, but was camping.

When I got home today I opened the box.

No instructions either, but after examining the parts, it is a new Tstat, and control box.

You can see the temp sensor in the Tstat, but there is still one on the control box. Although it is much shorter (probably so that it cannot be poked down through the filter).

Hopefully it will make a huge difference!
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220619_173949.jpg Views:	5 Size:	228.3 KB ID:	87986
                      Right on!!! Thanks for the update and the pictures. Can’t wait for mine to arrive. I’m hopeful this fixes the issue.

Comment

GD sent me the Castle Winch solution a couple of months ago (which I did not install). I requested the new parts about a month ago, received them yesterday and installed them today. The A/C now works like it's supposed to! We are camping in the 90's, and the temp inside is much more consistent then before and it does not 'short cycle' anymore. Also, I mounted the new thermostat on the opposite side of the wall, facing into the living area. It does not make sense to me why they mounted it on the bedroom wall.
                        Mike and (RIP Karen)
                        2021 2600RB
                        2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

If you have any tips on the install please share them. I expect to do it myself once I receive the parts. They are out of stock, should be a 4 week leadtime according to GDCS.

Good idea on moving the thermostat to the other side of the wall. What did you fill the hole with in the bedroom?
                          Jackie and Doug
                          2022 Imagine 2500RL
                          2022 GMC Denali 2500
                          Augusta Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by dherfurth View Post
                            If you have any tips on the install please share them. I expect to do it myself once I receive the parts. They are out of stock, should be a 4 week leadtime according to GDCS.

Good idea on moving the thermostat to the other side of the wall. What did you fill the hole with in the bedroom?
                            There are really no tips that I can offer except to make sure that both the 110 and 12v power sources are removed before you start. The actual install was not difficult as all of the wires are labeled. I just transferred the wires one at a time. In my rig, Wago connectors were used for all of the connections, not sure if it is true for all their builds. The hardest part was dealing with the 110V wires due to the stiffness. As far as the hole left from the old thermostat location, I haven't decided yet. I will probably wind up covering it with a black blank duplex wall plate since all of the outlets in the bedroom are black unless I find something in the meantime that looks more aesthetically pleasing,
                            Mike and (RIP Karen)
                            2021 2600RB
                            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

AZMike I wonder if you could fit a board in the wall as a backer and make a board for the front side to put a hook or something else there.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                                AZMike I wonder if you could fit a board in the wall as a backer and make a board for the front side to put a hook or something else there.
                                I guess I could mount a board, but hooks would not work for me because the original thermostat was mounted directly above the switch for the bedroom ceiling lights.
                                Mike and (RIP Karen)
                                2021 2600RB
                                2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Working...
                                X