Momentum heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum heating

We have a 2022 381, can anyone explain WHY when the thermostat is set to 70 degrees it is 92 in the bedroom and 60 in the garage. Seems like Grand Design would have thought of a better way to control the heat dispersal. When contacting GD they suggested i shut the vent in the bedroom, however they did not install vents that can be adjusted. We didnt pay this kind of money to get cooked in one room and freeze in another. Has anyone heard of any fixes for this situation?

dmjin123 -- yep, an option is to install adjustable registers. Welcome to RV ownership.

Click image for larger version

Name:	registers.JPG
Views:	560
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	82692

Remember this forum is comprised of fellow owners like you...please check out the Welcome Letter if you'd like to know more about this place: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you are on shore power you can always turn the bedroom AC to fan only and let it suck the hot air in and redistribute it through the racetrack (assuming the bedroom AC is on the central racetrack).

We have to do this with the front AC to keep from burning up in the front while the back turns into a meat locker.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

dmjin123 Welcome to the Family and the forum! Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast. First your bedroom is elevated and warmer air rises, then the furnace is much closer to the bedroom and is a straight shot. I have a note beside the bedroom thermostat for SWMBO that if the bedroom is too hot to close the bedroom door or turn down the thermostat. I am a day sleeper and the nose faces south, so it catches the sun. I actually leave the bedroom A/C on all of the time. If I close the bedroom without the A/C on, it actually can get cold in there. The downside is that you have to close the dump on the thermostat so some of the cold air does feed through the vents. Leaving the door to the garage open will help. Also, sometimes we also use a towel to block the vent in the bathroom as it has a tendency to get really warm if that door is closed.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

For the garage, we typically keep the door between it and the living area closed in cold weather and set up a small electric space heater on the 15-amp washer/dryer circuit to keep waterlines from freezing.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I found that in my Imagine with the Furrion A/C unit the temperature sensor was up inside the AC unit on the roof and that controls both the AC and heating. it never read a correct temperature, either too hot or too cold and would therefore over heat/cool the trailer. I found this remote temp sensor that can extend the temp sensor so it can be installed in the living space and read the temps alot better. We also added the vent grill with a damper in it for the bedroom. Temperature Sensor Relocation Kit for Furrion® Chill A/C Units

Not sure it this helps but good luck.
            2022 Solitude 2930RL
            2019 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax leveled with Airbags

Comment

Working...
            X