No heat airflow in back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No heat airflow in back

We just bought a 2019 Solitude 380FL. When the furnace runs, it's super hot and powerful in the front living room and stairs, which is above the furnace. There isn't any airflow in the rear bath and bedroom. I opened up the heater area and didn't see any kinks and everything looked attached. I can't see the ducts in the rear. Is there access somewhere?
    Steve and Sue
    2019 Solitude 380FL
    Central Oregon

Originally posted by oscarmeyer View Post
    We just bought a 2019 Solitude 380FL. When the furnace runs, it's super hot and powerful in the front living room and stairs, which is above the furnace. There isn't any airflow in the rear bath and bedroom. I opened up the heater area and didn't see any kinks and everything looked attached. I can't see the ducts in the rear. Is there access somewhere?
    Usually in a 5th wheel the furnace and water heater are behind a false wall, aft of the storage area. (Basically under the living room of your Solitude.)

From there the ducting probably goes under the floor and is routed to various locations under the floor but above a material called "coroplast". It's the plastic plastic you see under the trailer. It's usually held on with screws and such around the edges. (Not fun to drop--best to do small sections when doing an inspection.)

If an old diagram I have is accurate, there are a total of six registers. The two you mentioned, on under the island in the kitchen, two in the bedroom and the one furthest from the furnace in the bathroom. It is not unusual to have an imbalance--that's a common complaint. You should have some output from the others, though. Carefully inspecting each duct run for separation, foreign objects, or even being crushed could reveal a problem.

If you'd like to read other threads with similar complaints (on GD trailers) enter the following in your favorite internet search engine: furnace air flow site:gdrvowners.com The list that returns should have you reading for a bit.

Also noted that was your first post, so please feel free to ask follow-up questions if my response is not clear. Also, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

With unbalance flow you could try painters tape to see if you can locate the other registers. The longer the run of ducting, the more the losses in flow. GD typically does not do floor penetrations but chooses areas like under cabinet toe spaces for registers. You may have to look around a bit to find them hidden in the toe spaces.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X