Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing AC in bedroom

Hello,
    We are looking at putting in a bedroom ac unit in a 2019 Reflection 29RS and am trying to research what we need. We are looking at the Coleman Mach 10 part #45203-0793, I believe I will also need the Coleman Mach 8430A633 ChillGrille Cool-Only Ceiling Assembly - Lateral Ducted and the Coleman Mach 9430A3382 Digital Heat/Cool RV Air Conditioner Thermostat - 12V - Black. Is there anything else I need and does this all look good? Thank you in advance for the help!
    Kerry and Michelle
    2019 Grand Design 29RS
    2020 Ram 3500 LB, 6.7 Cummins
    Reese Goosebox

Fshngyd Welcome to the family and the forum!

Your installation could be very simple or complicated, but I am not qualified to provide a reasonable answer, but there are many who are and they will start chiming in shortly.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Fshngyd

We have the same model and have been thinking of adding the second AC. I think that you would want a low profile and being as it is already prepped you can get a ducted model so the air will flow all thru the RV when in use. I have had a hard time finding a low profile AC but have not searched lately. The model numbers also get confusing. I will be watching this to see what suggestions are made and what you come up with.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Fshngyd View Post
        Hello,
        We are looking at putting in a bedroom ac unit in a 2019 Reflection 29RS and am trying to research what we need. We are looking at the Coleman Mach 10 part #45203-0793, I believe I will also need the Coleman Mach 8430A633 ChillGrille Cool-Only Ceiling Assembly - Lateral Ducted and the Coleman Mach 9430A3382 Digital Heat/Cool RV Air Conditioner Thermostat - 12V - Black. Is there anything else I need and does this all look good? Thank you in advance for the help!
        Welcome to the forum--hope you'll take a moment to read the Welcome Letter to New Members as it will help you get the most from your time here on the forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I went to https://www.airxcel.com/rv/coleman-m...oduct-selector and the Coleman 45230-0793 wasn't a current option? The three different choices are "Medium Profile", "Ultra-Low Profile" and "Low Profile". Brian's recommendation to look for a Low Profile is likely due to the overall height of the trailer with the a/c on the front of the 29RS. (I think it becomes the highest component on the roof?)

Here's the Coleman options as I saw them...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coleman.JPG
Views:	457
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	83533

And there are Dometic low profile models, too (Penguin II line). https://www.dometic.com/en-us/outdoo...lay=Penguin+II

Click image for larger version

Name:	Penguin.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	83534
        Furrion does not make a low-profile unit (at this time to my knowledge).

Your choice may come down to what's available.

Please stop back to let us know what you end up installing.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Fshngyd I added my front AC myself and went with the Coleman (even though I had the Dometic in the living room). I did my install before so the supplier shortages so could pick pretty much whatever I wanted. I went with the ultra low profile and also got the heat pump and electric heat strip. The electric heat does not do much, but it was a cheap add on, so I figured why not. The heat pump is very nice to have, if we've got full hookup and it's not so cold that I need to worry about the underbelly (call it anywhere from 35 up) between the heat pump and fireplace I usually don't have to run the furnace and get free heat.

The parts list looks right, keep in mind if you do go with electric heat and/or a heat pump it'll be a different thermostat.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
          X