AC Fan Runs When Furnace Is In Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Fan Runs When Furnace Is In Use

2016 Reflection 29RS - Just purchased this previously owned RV and love it, but there are some issues that the previous owner neglected to have repaired during the warranty period. If I can't find a remedy within this forum, I'll post the others separately as well.

When the furnace is in use, the AC fan comes on. This is not a total inconvenience because I can turn the AC breaker off, but it's likely not wired correctly and should operate properly out of the box.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

AZBud

Originally posted by AZBud View Post
    2016 Reflection 29RS - Just purchased this previously owned RV and love it, but there are some issues that the previous owner neglected to have repaired during the warranty period. If I can't find a remedy within this forum, I'll post the others separately as well.

When the furnace is in use, the AC fan comes on. This is not a total inconvenience because I can turn the AC breaker off, but it's likely not wired correctly and should operate properly out of the box.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

AZBud
    Check the fan setting on the thermostat. It should be in AUTO not HI or LO when using the furnace, otherwise the fan will run on the AC.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard is spot on with his assessment. I had a friend who lived with this problem for years in another brand of trailer. He told me about it one day. I switched the thermostat to "auto", and his problem was gone. It took less than 10 seconds to change it over and solve the issue.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Howard and Jim, you were both correct, it was not set on auto. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X