Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone using the Micro Air EasyTouch RV 351?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone using the Micro Air EasyTouch RV 351?

Looking to replace my Dometic CT thermostat with something that actually does not get flaky - even with new cover. So far the only replacement I have found is the Micro Air EasyTouch RV 351 https://www.microair.net/products/ea...32199143587924 However is fancy and pricey.

Is anyone using one of these, or are there other options available? All I want is something that works and shows the inside temperature, not just the temp setting.

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Yoda

From a google group thread I'm in (due to being an RVSA graduate). All the responses are from independent mobile RV techs. I've deleted their contact info as I do not have their permission to post it on this public forum, but you can get the gist from the text I left. Bottom line: they like the MicroAir but it's pricey.

Yep. That’s part of the bad news. It’s a great thermostat, probably the best ever, but it’s sure pricey. Installation is even plug & play. I recommend ‘em but I don’t sell ‘em. Can’t mark up anything that expensive.

On Apr 23, 2022, at 13:27, <xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    So how do you offer a markup on a product like this?

I mean of course if they bought a landmark fifth wheel a $250 thermostat might not phase them.... But the majority of customers I've seen with a CT thermostat practically **** bricks when I tell them the price for a new CT thermostat...

On Sat, Apr 23, 2022, 10:07 AM 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx' wrote:
    The good news, then, is that the same MicroAir thermostat will work with either. Their thermostats are digital, easy to read, easy to use, single or multi zone, and can be controlled easily from an App on either Bluetooth or WiFi. The bad news is that they’re not cheap. Retail for any of the MicroAir thermostats is $249.

On Apr 23, 2022, at 11:03 AM, xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
    It is the same board

On Apr 23, 2022, at 11:51 AM, xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
    3 button does work with the new CT boxes. I leave the 3 button in when I change controls. The controls seem to burn out a lot. (I’m referring to the little gray box). I’ve seen several lately that failed in a way that constantly sent voltage through the compressor relay and fried the compressor. 120v to the compressor even when the unit is off. Every time, the terminals on top of the compressor are fried

On Apr 19, 2022, at 8:29 AM, 'xxxxxxxxxx' wrote:
    One of the guys here says a three-button and a CT use the same control box. I haven’t tried it and probably never will ‘cause the CT is the newer model, the three-button isn’t (I think) being produced anymore and nobody with a three-button wants it changed out. If you have one left over, it’s gold - don’t sell it cheap!

On Apr 13, 2022, at 5:56 PM, xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
    Are there any other options to replace the CT thermostat? Will a 3 button plug right in or do I need a board as well?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yoda I've thought about it but I manage to struggle enough with my CT that it's not worth the cost to me. Next time it dies (I'm on my third, first I paid for) I'll probably make the switch.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I think someone actually went through the process and swapped in a residential thermostat. They tried several RV ones and they all had multiple issues.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          I think someone actually went through the process and swapped in a residential thermostat. They tried several RV ones and they all had multiple issues.
          The Dometic cannot be replaced with a residential thermostat unless you replace the control board in the air conditioner with the old style analog board. I went down this rabbit hole when I first got mine after having done the relatively simple residential install in my old SOB trailer. Unfortunately the current board communicates with the thermostat via a digital signal with only three wires, then the control board splits out the signal to the compressor, fan, and furnace. The old analog boards are not in production anymore and difficult to find. I considered even trying to bypass the interface board altogether since there are enough physical wires run to my thermostat, but decided it was not worth it.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Too bad someone like Dinosaur does not make a replacement board for the Air Conditioners.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X