A/C Fan working but not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Fan working but not cooling

I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. Hopefully you folks can help. My Colman Mach 15's fan will run on low and high. 330 watts and 630 watts respectively. When I switch to Cool low or hi same wattage as if running fan alone. I don't hear it try and kick on the AC compressor at all. Unit is only 15 months old on a 2021 25G that we picked up Dec '20. Front AC works great. I'm trying to avoid taking it into a dealer and not seeing the camper again for 2 months. Any suggestions?

See if you can find a Coleman certified mobil tec. You will be responsible for the initial call out fee and the labor most likely, but you will not be put on the 2 -3 month waiting list to get looked at and Coleman will most likely ship the replacement unit straight to the tec.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Is the thermostat set low enough for the compressor to kick on? I know that is obvious but had to ask.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes the thermostat is set as low as it will go.

Comment

Air Conditioner Troubleshooting Videos - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

This is a link to our Reference Section in HVAC, there are a couple videos that may be helpful, sorry my first post was not helpful.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

JBRV2020 If I remember my Coleman from when I installed it, the thermostat had separate wires for each function similar to a home thermostat. First thing I would check is if all the wires are connected when you pull it off the wall, if memory serves this is the yellow wire for the compressor. After that if you have a meter and know how to use it, see if the thermostat is sending a signal on the compressor wire. The thermostat is basically a glorified switch. If the thermostat is calling for cooling you should have 12V between ground and the compressor wire and either the fan high or low (depending what is selected) wire. I believe the ground should be blue, so when the thermostat is set to cool, and is set low enough to run you should see 12v between the blue and yellow wire. If you do not have that, its probably the thermostat, if you do then you move into troubleshooting the connections in the ceiling.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
            X