Faulty thermometer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty thermometer?

I have a 2021 381m with 3 AC's. Its 90 degrees already out here and the AC's themselves work GREAT. But the temperature sensors on 2 of them are doing something really funny. The main and the garage temp gauge on the app will rabdomly show something like 85-105 degrees (different times was different). Even thought it's definitely in the 70s like the bedroom. Then out of nowhere it will start showing correctly again. Then for few hours starts showing 100 again. And so on. It's only been 2 days and haven't found a pattern or reason.
    The only big deal about this is I can't set a constant set temp, since it's wrong all the time.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
    2020 Ram 3500 8ft

timelinex -- does the OCTP match the app's info or is it isolated to an issue with the temps shown on your phone?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      timelinex -- does the OCTP match the app's info or is it isolated to an issue with the temps shown on your phone?
      Good question! I'll check next time.
      2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

Ok, so I haven't been able to confirm when it does the wild temperatures. However I have found times when its off and all 3 places I can check the temperature are different from each other. The Onecontrol android app showed 74 degrees, the Compass connect Android app showed 73, and the touchscreen in the RV showed 79. Only the 79 made sense as it was set to to 78 and the AC was running. So the touchscreen was right.

Next thing I did was I realized i was connected with the apps thru the cloud and not the RV local wifi. So when I connected with the wifi, the temperatures updated correctly!

so seems to be a issue with the app when not connected to the wifi. Which is wierd bc it clearly shows online and I can still control things, including turning ac on and off!

Any ideas? Anyone else found this bug?
        2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

timelinex -- could this be related to the router issue recently discussed and documented in the Reference Material section? https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...control-router
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

timelinex -- could this be related to the router issue recently discussed and documented in the Reference Material section? https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...control-router
            I cant imagine that is the issue, but there is no way of knowing since I didn't have RV internet before.....HOWEVER, keep in mind that when the thermostat numbers are showing correct on the app, I am connected to the wifi of the router that I installed. In other words it is relaying the information correctly.

I'm starting to think this is more of a internet pp issue , kind of how alot of people complain that the voltage doesnt show thru the app when connected through the internet.
            2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

Working...
            X