Airxcel MaxxAir comes on by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airxcel MaxxAir comes on by itself

We have a 2019 397TH. The main bathroom vent occasionally comes on and opens the vent by itself. When that happens, the Fan On and Vent Open buttons are disabled and the Fan Off and Vent Close buttons just change the speed of the fan, but do nothing else. Removing the main fuse for all Maxxair fans is the only way to turn it off. Any ideas?

Well, that's a new one I haven't heard of. Some models of Maxxfan have a thermostat that causes the fan to turn on when it reaches a certain temperature, typically 78 degrees. But looking at your pics, you don't have that model.

I did an internet search, and can't find any other instances of that happening.

Maxxfan is pretty good about customer service. They have a number to reach out to during the two year warranty period. Try calling 1-800-780-9893. They will want to know the purchase date of the RV, and the fan's serial number which should be located under the screen on the unit.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have a 2018 Reflection 337RLS 5th wheel. I had the refrigerator recall done back in March. Ever since I got the 5th wheel trailer back from the RV dealer, I have had the same problem with my Maxx Air vent fan in the ceiling over the stove. The fan turns itself on and the lid remains closed. I turn the fan off and go into the 5th wheel at a later date and the fan is back on. Any suggestions will be helpful.
      Phil

Comment

tinyphil -- I'm stumped. I have a similar MaxxAir fan in the kitchen and tried every combination of button pushing I could think of to recreate the problem, but I can't get the fan to turn on without the lid opening. As TucsonJim suggested in post 2, please contact MaxxAir and consult with their technical support.

Once you get this figured out, please do the forum the favor of posting the resolution.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Petticrew View Post
          We have a 2019 397TH. The main bathroom vent occasionally comes on and opens the vent by itself. When that happens, the Fan On and Vent Open buttons are disabled and the Fan Off and Vent Close buttons just change the speed of the fan, but do nothing else. Removing the main fuse for all Maxxair fans is the only way to turn it off. Any ideas?
          Dennis
          Have you opened up the control and looked for bugs - same at the fan in the ceiling. With everything being electronic and touch control, I am sure a spider or such could trip things. I had a smoke detector go nuts only to find a spider nest in it.

Also I don't remember if theses are hardwired or not, but look where the wires penetrate the wall or fan housing for chaffing and possibly touching. As temperature changes could cause things to touch.

Trying to brainstorm here.
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I have turned on the fan with the lid closed. Don't remember how I did it.

Normally when you press the fan on, the lid opens. For some reason, several times, pressing the fan on did not result in an open. Seems to have corrected itself, or I changed something that I have no clue of that fixed it.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X