How to remove round ceiling A/C vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove round ceiling A/C vent

I've tried to unsnap the rotating part of the vent to get to what I assume are screws attaching the assembly but I just can't seem to get it unsnapped without causing damage. I've tried automotive trim removal tools, just can't get a decent grip in there, one, then two small flat tip screwdrivers. There appears the be a tab of some sorts in one section of the vent that when prided on each side with the flat tips, get some disconnection but not enough to get the vent to pop out.

I want to check ducting in the ceiling for proper sealage and overall attachment because I seem to have one vent not producing similar airflow like the others.

One poster on page two did state they can be a challenge who replaced his with a vent that is adjustable. I just don't want to damage or destroy mine for no reason.
    Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
    TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

To remove the ones on my previous TT (no reason on the GD) I would pull down while rotating.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Heres a couple of pics, they can be frustrating to remove.The top pic shows one of the 2 tabs that have to be pushed in to release it. If you can figure out where the tabs are just squeeze the grille inward on each side and it should release. Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20200907_104726_7509.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	87421 Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20200907_104744_1571.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	87422
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
      X