X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating system

I have a 2018 Grand Design Imagine.
    How do I access the HVAC fan motor?
    Last edited by 1evaughn; 12-08-2019, 03:32 PM.

Originally posted by 1evaughn View Post
    I have a 2018 Grand Design Imagine.
    How do I access the HVAC fan motor?

Welcome to the forum.
    Your furnace motor should be accessible by removing the cover on the outside where the furnace exhaust is. You will have to reseal this cover when you reinstall it.

What problem are you having?

Also I would caution you to remove your email address from your post. If you are not familiar with how a forum works a person posts a question or comment and then all members can contribute.

Brian
    Last edited by Country Campers; 12-08-2019, 03:33 PM.
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Fan motor made loud noise like something fell into it.

Comment

Fan motor made loud noise like something fell into it.
        What model Imagine?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Not sure how to find out model?
          2018 bedroom in front, island in kitchen,

Comment

Not sure how to find out model?
            2018 bedroom in front, island in kitchen,
            Your Imagine's model number should be on a sticker right near the front door.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Imagine 2950rl

Comment

Imagine 2950rl
                Very similar floorplan to my 315RLTS. Your heater should be in the hutch behind the front panel on the street side. It exhausts out the side of the camper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2950RL.JPG
Views:	794
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	8767

This picture was taken for an electrical project, but you can clearly see the heater under the hutch:

Name:	Furnace.JPG
Views:	754
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	8769

This is an outline of a heater that is probably very similar to what you have.

Name:	heater outline.JPG
Views:	791
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	8768

The PDF it came from isn't helpful on how to disassemble the heater.

Taps out my knowledge on this topic. Hope it helps.

Comment

Comment

As you can see, we do not have a removable panel on our hutch.

Comment

Sorry--I'm not familiar with the Imagine interior. I'm 99% sure that's where the heater is located. The picture below is from google and clearly shows the exhaust.

Call GD Customer Service tomorrow to get details on how to access.

Name:	2950RL exterior.JPG
Views:	767
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	8779

Comment

Hello 1evaughn, Howard’s hutch panel was not meant to be removed also, but some do remove and then replace them to do work to the furnace, electrical, etc. the panel on the outside of your unit would be where the furnace is removed if needed to be repaired. Some repairs may be able to be done though by removing the hutch panel also. If your having an issue with your furnace, and are not familiar with it, you may be better of having a technician look at it. A mobile tech may be an option if necessary. I have not had to work on mine yet (Knock on wood). Good luck!
                        Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
                        2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
                        2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post
                          ...Howard’s hutch panel was not meant to be removed...
                          On the 315RLTS GD made it easy, Steve. There is a panel with about 8 of the typical Robertson screws holding it in place.

Name:	image_1306.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	8807

I'm actually shocked that 1evaughn 's 2950RL appears to not have this access. Wouldn't that cabinet get hot without access to cool ambient air? That was the issue with the 313RLTS and early 315RLTS' until GD put slots in the panel.

I hope the OP follows up and let's us know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

On the 315RLTS GD made it easy, Steve. There is a panel with about 8 of the typical Robertson screws holding it in place.

Name:	image_1306.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	8807

I'm actually shocked that 1evaughn 's 2950RL appears to not have this access. Wouldn't that cabinet get hot without access to cool ambient air? That was the issue with the 313RLTS and early 315RLTS' until GD put slots in the panel.

I hope the OP follows up and let's us know the answer.
                            My 2017 297RSTS does not have the slats either. To remove the panel, I would have to push them in. I know Jim has done this. I did do some heat mitigation though by applying heat resistant material on the wall behind the furnace, and I did that by reaching through the drawer slots after removing the drawers. It wasn’t easy. I have my opinions now about the heat build up. Most of the time (or all), we use the furnace when it’s cold outside (makes sense huh). During this colder weather the walls do not heat up like it would if the furnace is on when it’s warm ambient air.
                            Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
                            2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
                            2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

If you push the panels in, won't they break??

Comment

Working...
                              X