Heating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1evaughn View Post
    If you push the panels in, won't they break??
    I have no idea how to remove your panel, 1evaughn, but I was able to confirm with 100% certainty that your furnace is in the hutch, left side, just like it is in mine.

Sorry I can't advise you any further on actually getting to it. Hopefully someone else with a unit like yours will chime in soon.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for your help. If we don't get a answer soon. We will contact Grand Design.

Comment

Originally posted by 1evaughn View Post
        If you push the panels in, won't they break??
        The panels are stapled in place from the inside while the cabinets are being built. They are not designed to be removed. I have the same issue with my 2017 Reflection 297RSTS, along with heat build up when the furnace is running.

But, you can very easily get to the fan on the furnace by removing the outside cover of the furnace on the exterior of your RV. The fan will be right there at the top of the furnace assembly. And if you need to remove the complete furnace for trouble-shooting and repair, just remove the screws, and propane line. All will be accessible with the exterior cover removed.

I've never removed my interior panels. If I did, it would be a major project to try and get them reinstalled. I really wish GDRV had put cabinet doors instead of a panel. It would have made service so much easier.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

.... I really wish GDRV had put cabinet doors instead of a panel. It would have made service so much easier.

Jim
          Or at least screws from the outside.
          2017 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post

My 2017 297RSTS does not have the slats either. To remove the panel, I would have to push them in. I know Jim has done this. I did do some heat mitigation though by applying heat resistant material on the wall behind the furnace, and I did that by reaching through the drawer slots after removing the drawers. It wasn’t easy. I have my opinions now about the heat build up. Most of the time (or all), we use the furnace when it’s cold outside (makes sense huh). During this colder weather the walls do not heat up like it would if the furnace is on when it’s warm ambient air.
            Our 2018 297RSTS has the slots like Howard's. It surprises me that some don't have the slots. I would have thought all would have used this as the cold air return.

Rob
            Rob & Barb
            2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
            2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by Calbar View Post

Our 2018 297RSTS has the slots like Howard's. It surprises me that some don't have the slots. I would have thought all would have used this as the cold air return.

Rob
              I'm sensing another project on the horizon for TucsonJim ...
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Quite possibly.
                Rob & Barb
                2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Actually, the project is already done. I installed a vent at the end of the island to release excess heat. This was a big complaint with 2017 owners. GDRV listened to us and came up with the slotted panels to mitigate the heat in the cavity. I still wish they'd gone with vented cabinet doors to make access super easy for modifications and repairs.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Actually, the project is already done. I installed a vent at the end of the island to release excess heat. This was a big complaint with 2017 owners. GDRV listened to us and came up with the slotted panels to mitigate the heat in the cavity. I still wish they'd gone with vented cabinet doors to make access super easy for modifications and repairs.

Jim

Nicely done. I agree that the vented cabinet doors would have been much better. Slotted panel is not too bad to work with as the screws are easily accessed.

Rob
                    Rob & Barb
                    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

The panels are stapled in place from the inside while the cabinets are being built. They are not designed to be removed. I have the same issue with my 2017 Reflection 297RSTS, along with heat build up when the furnace is running.

But, you can very easily get to the fan on the furnace by removing the outside cover of the furnace on the exterior of your RV. The fan will be right there at the top of the furnace assembly. And if you need to remove the complete furnace for trouble-shooting and repair, just remove the screws, and propane line. All will be accessible with the exterior cover removed.

I've never removed my interior panels. If I did, it would be a major project to try and get them reinstalled. I really wish GDRV had put cabinet doors instead of a panel. It would have made service so much easier.

Jim
                      Hi Jim,

I must have been mistaken. I thought a couple years back you had some pics with your front hutch panels off. My mistake.
                      Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
                      2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
                      2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Working...
                      X