GD using on Furrion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GD using on Furrion?

My wife and I are looking to buy a second Transcend and I was told that Grand Design is only using Furrion AC units now. Is this so? Extended question the frig also only Furrion? Thanks.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Don't know about the units being produced right now or in the future but our 2022 303RLS has a manufactured date of Jan 2022 and shipped with a 16cuft 12v Furrion fridge and a Coleman Mach AC.

Given supply issues for the industry I would doubt they have any exclusivity for brands and are working with anything they can get. There are units shipping, same line and model, with different appliances likely based entirely on availability.
    David and Deana
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

David is right, it changes almost daily, but I think when I was at the factory Transcend and maybe Imagine was using Furrion AC and the others were using Coleman.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

WondersAwait is right, they will use anything not nailed down.

That being said, Winnebago (Parent of Grand Design) bought Furrion, and Thor bought Airxcel. (Maker of Coleman-mach A/C's, Suburban, MaxxAir, Dicor, and bunch of other subsidiary)

Forrest River is the odd man out, but I'm sure they've got someone in there sights.

The point being, in the near future, GD will be exclusive Furrion, and Thor (who owns 1/3 of the all the brands) will be AirXcel.
        Mike
        2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
          WondersAwait is right, they will use anything not nailed down.

That being said, Winnebago (Parent of Grand Design) bought Furrion, and Thor bought Airxcel. (Maker of Coleman-mach A/C's, Suburban, MaxxAir, Dicor, and bunch of other subsidiary)

Forrest River is the odd man out, but I'm sure they've got someone in there sights.

The point being, in the near future, GD will be exclusive Furrion, and Thor (who owns 1/3 of the all the brands) will be AirXcel.
          I hadn't heard Winnebago bought Furrion, I know Lippert did, did they spin it over to Winnebago?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Well, I messed that up. It was Lippert, not Winnebago. So it's only Thor that owns a Airxcel. Still means half the market is locked up under one brand. They will continue to sell to other brands, but they most likely will reserve stock for there own brand first.
            Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Strictly anecdotal but I am not a fan of Furrion, to the point where I would look at other comparable trailers that didnt have Furrion appliances. We had a Furrion TV in a previous trailer that failed after 18 months and other Furrion items like a power cord that were problematic. I just dont see any quality.
              2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

We bought a 2022 GD BH28 and it has the Coleman Mach AC units which I like a lot. The fridge is the Furrion 16 cf and while I like the size and it does work when it gets up to cooling, it is no where near as quick as my former unit which was a Everchill fridge.

Comment

We have a 2022 reflection 315RLTS and it came with GE AC units. Had hail last week and broke both ac shrouds. The dealer said they are $550 each if….they could get them.
                  2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
                  2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick R View Post
                    We have a 2022 reflection 315RLTS and it came with GE AC units. Had hail last week and broke both ac shrouds. The dealer said they are $550 each if….they could get them.
                    Wow, that seems a little expensive for the shrouds considering you can buy a new Coleman Mach 15,000 BTU unit for around $800.
                    2020 Reflection 273MK
                    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
                    X