No announcement yet.

No more wiring to install a soft start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more wiring to install a soft start.

I have been waiting for this solution to come around. Anyone use it? Will probably add next years trip out west.

https://softstartup.com/
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
    I have been waiting for this solution to come around. Anyone use it? Will probably add next years trip out west.

https://softstartup.com/
    I see a 30A version, but not a 50A version?

I also wonder how the unit will interact with a hardwired EMS that may already be installed.

For those with a 30A unit and don't want to do the wiring, it does look like a good product. (I watched Mike Sokol's video on their page. Doubtless Mike is getting compensation for his time but I doubt he'd endorse a product that didn't work.)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I see a 30A version, but not a 50A version?

I also wonder how the unit will interact with a hardwired EMS that may already be installed.

For those with a 30A unit and don't want to do the wiring, it does look like a good product. (I watched Mike Sokol's video on their page. Doubtless Mike is getting compensation for his time but I doubt he'd endorse a product that didn't work.)

Howard
      Guessing there is no 50A version cause if you have a 50A pedestal, you already have enough juice to start 2 a/c at a time. Would just need to use adapters as usual to connect the 50A cord to this device on a 30A pedestal.

Not cheap, but compared to buying a softstartrv for each a/c unit and doing the wiring work, it's a nice option.

I may have to look into it further, particularly the question of running an EMS downstream. My EMS is not hardwired but I would still want to use my EMS and not just rely on the surge protection from this device.

Terry
      Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
      2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
      2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Here’s Mike Sokol's latest article on this new product:

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electric...out+Jeff+Bezos
        Vivian
        2018 Reflection 303rls
        Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
        Demco Recon

Comment

Is this CSA, UL or ulc approved or pending approval?

coops
          Cooper
          2021 303RLS
          2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
            Is this CSA, UL or ulc approved or pending approval?

coops
            no response indicates most likely not CSA or UL approved.
            like the saying goes “ caveat emptor “ let the buyer beware.

Coops
            Cooper
            2021 303RLS
            2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Comment

I have purchased this and say it saves money by not having to install3 soft starts on my units. It is a big help when you are in a 30A park with a 50A unit in the summer. That being said....I managed to destroy the first one they sent me within 24hrs.( weather was 104 )..it over heated and basically was too hot to touch and blew a hole in the unit. They sent me a replacement and it has seemed to work fine so far.
              It will run 2 ac units, but I learned that it it is designed for about 30.4 amps, so if you go over that, the unit will shut itself down and restart.
              The customer service seems to be good and responsive, I spoke to the engineer that designed the unit and he was very accommodating.
              I think this is a good option to have in the arsenal.

Comment

Working...
              X