RV Airflow for Furrion Chill AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Airflow for Furrion Chill AC

I see the fine folks at RV Airflow have released a version for our Furrion AC units. Anyone taken the plunge on this yet? I'm a newb on this stuff but it looks like all it really is is just a hunk of foam that channels air directly into your ducting rather than letting the air find its way into the ducts via pressurizing the plenum.

I would like it if it quiets down the fan, since we pretty much run that constantly when the AC is on. I might be able to live with it eliminating the cold air dump, though I must say that's nice here in the Southwest when you first pull into a site and your RV is 100 degrees inside.

Do these things ever go on sale?
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 Sierra Denali 1500

They just released the Furrion version this past week. I use them in both of my Dometic ACs. They will reduce the noise just a little, but they really improve the airflow. I live in Arizona, and used to use the dump feature. But I have quite a bit more volume out of the ducts now, so I don't miss it. In my opinion, they help keep the coach a few degrees cooler than without them. That makes a big difference when my outside temp is between 105° and 110°F. I sat down with the owner of the company who's been in the HVAC business for decades. He impressed me with his explanation of why this improves the flow of air in RVs.

I've seen them go on sale at rallies.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. It's 114f in Chandler right now and without RV Airflow and the AC on low, I'm hovering right at the set point of 86F (we're not actively using the trailer, I just don't want it baking itself). I'm going to let a few others try it out before I take the plunge, but it has my interest.
      2022 Imagine 2600RB
      2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

With our Momentum, the units are so high, the dump features were pretty much useless. We put the Airlfow devices in all 3 units. 119 in Lake Havasu and we maintained mid 70's inside. Like Jim, the boosted output was a much better trade off over the dump feature.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I'm with the majority here. In our Solitude we've found the AC's much quieter and much improved air flow. Good luck going forward.

Comment

I installed my RV Airflow for Furrion today. The hardest part was getting the rooftop unit aligned so the lag bolts would line up. Luckily, it's done from inside (it's raining today!). The airflow is much improved, but I can't evaluate the cooling yet as it's cool today. I also replaced the substandard filter with a much better one. Now I'm looking forward to the next 100 degree day for the real test!
            Mike and (RIP Karen)
            2021 2600RB
            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

What air filter did you use?

Comment

I’d do it! We just picked up one for our Imagine 2500RL at the Southern Oregon rally last month for 15% off. Big improvement, especially if you take the time to ensure your registers are adequately sealed to the ducts while you’re working.
                Chad, Heather, a kid or two, and Scout the Doodle dog

2021 Imagine 2500RL
                2018 Crew Max Tundra Platinum

I can’t leave things stock…

Comment

QUOTE=TNFSolitude;n91377]What air filter did you use? [/QUOTE]

I used these, cut to fit. I had to make sure to order a filter that was thin enough. It is working very well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QTJNYJG...roduct_details
                  Mike and (RIP Karen)
                  2021 2600RB
                  2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Chad D. Welcome to the family and the forum!

For those that I have missed in the recent past, I apologize. Life and work has been hectic, but it has taken a night in the ER with SWMBO to actually get some quiet time for me.

Mike, I couldn't get the @ AZMike thingie to workie. Thanks for that link
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                      [USER="13970"]Mike, I couldn't get the @ AZMike thingie to workie. Thanks for that link
                      No problem. Glad you're felling better.
                      Mike and (RIP Karen)
                      2021 2600RB
                      2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Originally posted by AZMike View Post

No problem. Glad you're felling better.
                        Hopefully she will get out late this afternoon. Thanks for the thought.
                        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                        Nash County, NC
                        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thanks Mike, but now we are both Positive. Y'all might be tired in my by the 9th.
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                            Thanks Mike, but now we are both Positive. Y'all might be tired in my by the 9th.
                            Ouch! Sending hope for a quick recovery to both of you.
                            Mike and (RIP Karen)
                            2021 2600RB
                            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

I am obviously asking this question a little bit late, but...
                              Has anyone heard whispers that this mod will void the warranty for the AC?

I installed the new Furrion RV Airflow in my 2400 BH yesterday. How simple! Fit like a glove! No modifications or manipulation required! The instructions were a little bit lacking but I went slow and made sure I wasn't removing or discarding anything I shouldn't be. I had tested airflow informally just by taping some strips of TP to the vents and taking note of the flow prior to and after the install. There is a MAJOR difference!! I am very happy with the end result.
                              Jim & Terri
                              2022 GD Imagine 2400BH (Ginny)
                              2018 GMC Denali 2500 Diesel (Forrest Gump)
                              Equalizer E4

Comment

Working...
                              X