Furnace - AC fan operation interconnection question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace - AC fan operation interconnection question

I finally ran the furnace for the first time the other day (it worked well). We were on shore power and I was surprised the AC fan came on first before furnace kicked in. The AC fan continued to run after furnace stopped heating due to reaching temperature. Is the AC fan supposed to run constantly on 120V? I shut it down due to the AC fan noise and added an extra blanket for sleeping.

Can the AC fan be deactivated when on shore power and just have the furnace fan run? On 12v does just the furnace fan run? I was reading the owners manual and is is a bit vague unless I missed it.

Thanks for any help understanding this. I bought a small electric space heater in the meantime (forgot to pack the one from home) to take the chill off the trailer. Will try that out tonight here in Homer.

Keith
    Last edited by howson; 08-04-2022, 06:14 AM. Reason: Fixed minor spelling errors for readibility (hope you don't mind, Keith!)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Yoda

Keith,

Do not run the furnace with the fan set to low or high on the control, set to auto

I am not sure why but when low or high is selected the AC fan comes on, at least it works this way in ours, Dometic AC.

Brian
    Last edited by Country Campers; 08-04-2022, 09:46 AM.
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Yoda

Keith,

Do not run the furnace with the fan set to Auto on the control, either pick low or high.

I am not sure why but when Auto is selected the AC fan comes on but should not in low or high, at least it works this way in ours, Dometic AC.

Brian
      I think you might have that backwards Brian. My Dometic works the opposite of that. If it have it on low or high it runs the AC fan and furnace while on heat. If it's on auto then it only runs the furnace.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

I think you might have that backwards Brian. My Dometic works the opposite of that. If it have it on low or high it runs the AC fan and furnace while on heat. If it's on auto then it only runs the furnace.
        Yep backwards, fixed that.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers ncitro
          Thanks - Ill give that a try. I will set the Fan to Auto. Probably need it in Denali At lease the thermostat is working now that I replaced the cover - was flaky before. On edit - I had the fan set to low.

Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
            Country Campers ncitro
            Thanks - Ill give that a try. I will set the Fan to Auto. Probably need it in Denali At lease the thermostat is working now that I replaced the cover - was flaky before. On edit - I had the fan set to low.

Keith
            There you go! Have fun at Denali, hope it comes out for you to see it.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
            X