Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Airflow Dometic Brisk Air II

Hello all

We have the Dometic Brisk Air II in our 2022 2500RL...

I pulled the grill off and it looks like Dometic has made some improvements to the air flow innards Has anyone installed the RV Airflow product in this unit and did it help and would you consider it a worthwhile investment?

I did consider doing the DYI fix that can be found online... not sure I can actually improve upon what is there base on what I see inside...

Right now, I can't even place an order through RV Airflow, it requires the use of PayPal, can't just pay via a credit card

Thoughts?

Did you happen to take a picture of the inside?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Toy4Rick View Post
      Hello all

Right now, I can't even place an order through RV Airflow, it requires the use of PayPal, can't just pay via a credit card

Thoughts?
      Typically, when a business uses PayPal, it's just their billing company. When you pay through PayPal, there is an option to pay with your credit card at the bottom of the invoice.

Jim.

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Same question here. I have 2022 2970RL with two Dometic Brisk II (one 15k, other 13.5k).

When I look in the inside (both return air filter side and output into the racetrack I see pretty smooth design using pre-molded gray Styrofoam. Unfortunately, I don't have pics, but will try to remember next time I have it out of storage.

It's not clear to me that an aftermarket (i.e. RV Airflow) would fit or do anything.

But with that being said, it is definitely loud when running.

Does anyone know if Dometic did some redesign on the Brisk II and already incorporated some of the "RV Airflow" principles?

Comment

Originally posted by BLoflin View Post
          Same question here. I have 2022 2970RL with two Dometic Brisk II (one 15k, other 13.5k).

When I look in the inside (both return air filter side and output into the racetrack I see pretty smooth design using pre-molded gray Styrofoam. Unfortunately, I don't have pics, but will try to remember next time I have it out of storage.

It's not clear to me that an aftermarket (i.e. RV Airflow) would fit or do anything.

But with that being said, it is definitely loud when running.

Does anyone know if Dometic did some redesign on the Brisk II and already incorporated some of the "RV Airflow" principles?
          If anyone can post a photo of the "new" unit's components, I'll get the latest info.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

TucsonJim I thought Grand Design was including the RV Airflow's from the factory? RVAirflow's website actually states this, and I found a part's listing for it.
            https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/67934

Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

mpking - In post number 4, BLoflin says the Styrofoam is gray. I talked to an RV Airflow representative today, and their products are white Styrofoam. So they are quite curious what is going on.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

I reached out to RV Air Flow about the same note, "GD is installing..." and this was their reple

Our kits are only being installed on Coleman AC’s at this time so if you have anything other than a Coleman you will not have our kits installed. If it is a Coleman our kits cancel out the direct dump feature right below your AC so if you turn your AC on and there is still air coming from the white 14X14 cover on your ceiling then you do not have our kit installed on that AC. I hope this information help and if you need further assistance don’t hesitate to reach back out to us.

Rick

Comment

OK, just installed the RV Airflow yesterday in the RV, what a huge difference in all the vents.

We had quite a bit of air leaking around the a/c filter area and that is now all gone...

Highly recommend this upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                    mpking - In post number 4, BLoflin says the Styrofoam is gray. I talked to an RV Airflow representative today, and their products are white Styrofoam. So they are quite curious what is going on.

Jim
                    Jim, I was referring to the factory installed version of my Dometic Brisk II. It is grey (actually some might call it black). I see in later post where y'all found out that RV Airflow is only being factory installed on Coleman units.

My question still is, if anyone knows, is there still a benefit to aftermarket install an RV Airflow in new Dometic Brisk II units. As it looks to me from the bottom (and the top/outside as I removed cover to install SoftStart), that it is a pretty smooth design with the molded Styrofoam pieces, that I see.

Comment

The grey/black foam that you are seeing is indeed factory by Dometic, it is not any type of RV Airflow product. The RV Airflow is an insert the is put into place in the interior of the AC unit in the exit section where the cold air is forced into the duct work in the ceiling or down thru the AC unit inside cover. The RV Airflow insert forces the air flow directly into the ceiling air ducts which cuts down on the turbulent air that is normally found inside the unit, cuts down on noise as well. If you pull the inside cover from the AC unit and post a picture it will help us, I am guessing that you do not have the insert.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                      X