GE air conditioners no replacement covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE air conditioners no replacement covers

We have a 2022 Reflection 315RLTS travel trailer. In late June we had a hail storm which broke both ac shrouds. I called our dealer and they told me they would be in the $450-$525 area for one cover. Then they said good luck finding one for a GE as they are currently not available nor will they be available anytime soon. Very frustrating to say the least. I was looking at a video of the 2023 model of our camper and see they are using GE units as well. I hope the supply chain catches up soon. I also noticed the 2023 units have a different nautilus panel with fewer valves (see picture)
    2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
    2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Rick R

I did a search and there are shrouds available but I am not sure what model you have. I would think that you could find a shroud on line or even a whole AC unit.

In regards to the less valves on the newer models, GD has removed the red water heater bypass valve on that panel as the tankless water heater does no need this valve.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the info. Brian. This is the unit. Same for both 15k and 13.5k btus. I looked just now and found that Dey Distributing has them listed now so I have ordered two at 252.40 each. They are special order so I’m not sure about delivery times but it is what it is.
      Rick

Comment

Don’t know how badly your covers are broken, but Eternabond tape will probably work to seal holes where they shouldn’t though it probably won’t look great.
        John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

One is broken pretty badly. We are full time and the trailer is less than a year old so I would like to stay up with repairs. Plus insurance is covering both covers.

Comment

Rick R -- did both skylights survive the onslaught? Any other damage?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Dang it🤨! Just got an email from Dey Dist. GE is out of stock and they don’t know when they will have them back in stock.

We had minimal damage considering. We are parked on the north side of our shop with the back end to the west, the direction the storm came from. I was sure we would lose the rear picture window but there was no damage. We lost the two ac covers and the vent lid in the bathroom. We had minor damage of the skirting on both sides and the front awning has holes where it is attached to the roof.
              We have friends with an older 315RLTS who were parked on the east side of our shop and they had much more damage to their camper. Broke the propane tank cover, both skylights and lots of dents in the skirting.

Comment

I have seen several comments lately from those needing replacement A/C shrouds. It sounds as if they are quite pricey (for what they are) and usually backordered. I wonder if a sheet metal shop could fabricate one. It might look a little "boxey" but when painted would be a lot more durable than these paper thin plastic ones that at are now coming with the A/C's.
                2020 Reflection 273MK
                2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

That may be necessary. Or, maybe I could cut out the broken parts and use the mating surfaces in combination with sheet metal. Been way hot here lately and I’m not very nimble any more. I might just wait until we get back to our place in Texas which has a nice roof to park under 😁

Comment

I wonder if you could cobble it back together with some metal strips, rivets, and then fiberglass the whole thing to make a "new" skin.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rick R View Post
                        We have a 2022 Reflection 315RLTS travel trailer. In late June we had a hail storm which broke both ac shrouds. I called our dealer and they told me they would be in the $450-$525 area for one cover. Then they said good luck finding one for a GE as they are currently not available nor will they be available anytime soon. Very frustrating to say the least. I was looking at a video of the 2023 model of our camper and see they are using GE units as well. I hope the supply chain catches up soon. I also noticed the 2023 units have a different nautilus panel with fewer valves (see picture)
                        Have you checked for a used one? Several RV salvage shops on line.
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick R View Post
                          That may be necessary. Or, maybe I could cut out the broken parts and use the mating surfaces in combination with sheet metal. Been way hot here lately and I’m not very nimble any more. I might just wait until we get back to our place in Texas which has a nice roof to park under 😁
                          That's a plan. Are there actually pieces missing or just large cracks in the plastic? If most of cover is still there use the sheet metal as a backing and caulk any seams that are created.

I usually like things to be perfect, but for the price the covers are going for and considering nobody will ever see them, I'd go for any alternative plan that would work.

2020 Reflection 273MK
                          2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
                          X