Rain Water inside from AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Water inside from AC

Not sure this is the correct sub-section to put this but........ Returning from a 3 month / 13 state trip and stopping at the National Rally on the way home; leaving the Rally and headed to Florida, we experienced an incredible down-pour rain which seemed to go on for about 45 minutes. I slowed from 65ish mph to 55 then to 50 and at some point 40. After arriving at our second overnighter I noticed water dripping in the living room, coming down directly from the two intake sections, left and right. (Coleman-Mach) It was not more than 4-5 ounces but nevertheless was / is something that I cannot trouble shoot with my limited experience and knowledge of this kind of thing. The dripping didn't last long and has not returned even though we are now parked at home with full hookups and the rig has experienced two rains with the AC on and no dripping at all. Just for safety, I've called out my local RVIA dude to come by and inspect/troubleshoot, etc so this Saturday afternoon I'll know more what's up.

Just wanted some experienced feedback from you Wizards, in the event that you've had the same type of experience. Never too old to learn. All inputs appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Over time, the mounting bolts loosen up and water will penetrate around the gasket between the roof and the AC. It's very easy to fix. Check out page 6 of the attached installation manual to see the proper alignment marks for the gasket when tightening the bolts.

https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...rsn=40f00e6b_3

Here's a YouTube video on how to do it. But use the alignment marks on the gasket instead of just cranking it down too tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9T3GxP7wg

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

One other thing to consider, is with that hard of a rain and driving, you could have pushed water back into the drains. This would be hard to prove, but just a thought.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

My A/C bolts were pretty loose after only one year and 10000 miles. Manual says 40 to 50 inch pounds so I bought a little torque wrench and tightened them. When I got to 30 inch pounds it seemed like enough so stopped there.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Over time, the mounting bolts loosen up and water will penetrate around the gasket between the roof and the AC. It's very easy to fix. Check out page 6 of the attached installation manual to see the proper alignment marks for the gasket when tightening the bolts.

https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...rsn=40f00e6b_3

Here's a YouTube video on how to do it. But use the alignment marks on the gasket instead of just cranking it down too tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9T3GxP7wg

Jim
          ill give that a try Jim, I have a hand held inch pound torque wrench. thanks!
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
          GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
          SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by FlyStar View Post
            My A/C bolts were pretty loose after only one year and 10000 miles. Manual says 40 to 50 inch pounds so I bought a little torque wrench and tightened them. When I got to 30 inch pounds it seemed like enough so stopped there.
            This is what I did on my Reflection as well. Will likely do this on the new Solitude at some point as well.

Rob
            Rob & Barb
            2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
            2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
            X