Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Furrion AC cycling issue.

The below two issues are very frustrating🤨

We just purchased a new 2023 Transcend 200mk. Overall I love the camper, but now I have two significant issues.

1) The door sticks when it gets hot. So much so that if we are inside, I can't get out until it cools down or I have to go out the slider window. Good thing, I bring a ladder.😏 But that is not what this post is about.

2) Today, it was 90, so I turned on the AC. Overall it works excellently in cooling. Actually, better than anything I have had in the past.😀

Now for the problem--
    With the AC on and the fan on AUTO the unit(fan and compressor) cycles on and off every 5 minutes.
    But then some say, don't run the fan on AUTO, run it on low because the sensor is in the AC takeup. (Stupid place for the temperature sensor, if you ask me)
    With the AC on and the fan on LO, the fan does not cycle, but I can hear the compressor cycling every 7 minutes.

What is frustrating is that the temperature where I am sitting does not justify the cycling as it needs to stay on longer, which would then cause it to cycle less. This would give a broader range. Does anyone know if there is any way to have the AC temperature detected by the thermostat or external temperature probe, NOT the intake probe? This fix would make all the difference in the world. This might be old school, and the temperature will indeed have a more significant swing, but there is a reason why houses still use this technique.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.😁​

frustrating, indeed! There are a few threads on the door and AC issue on the forum. If you can't find them, hopefully someone (not on their phone like me!) will provide links.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Check the thermostat placement. Is it under or close to a ceiling vent where the cold air would "trick" the thermostat. Also I believe that your unit is new enough that it should have the new thermostat that has the temp probe protruding from the bottom of the thermostat.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Check the thermostat placement. Is it under or close to a ceiling vent where the cold air would "trick" the thermostat. Also I believe that your unit is new enough that it should have the new thermostat that has the temp probe protruding from the bottom of the thermostat.

Brian
        It appears from what I can tell the AC probe is within the AC intake. (if I wrap my fingers around the probe, the thermostat temperature will rapidly increase). Gee, you think that going to make the AC cycle?🙄 Why do manufacturers feel they have to change a good thing? Almost every house uses a thermostat on a wall to control the temperature of their HEATER and AC. It has worked that way for 50 years without many people complaining. I am sure having the probe within the AC takeup is supposed to be more accurate, but it is very close to where cold air comes out. If they would just use the probe on the wall, I am sure the temperature would have bigger swings, but that is much better than cycling every 5 minutes. (hmmm, Cycle AC=Wear and tear= AC breaks==Furion makes money🤔)

You are correct; I have the new thermostat, and a probe protrudes at the bottom. From what I can tell, this probe is for the heater only.

Something else that is frustrating I have found as we go into winter-The thermostat only goes down to 60 degrees. REALLY!!! Come on, Furion, at least let me set the low at 45-50 degrees.😖

Comment

Working...
        X