Flashing Thermostat (No EC) Furrion Single Zone A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing Thermostat (No EC) Furrion Single Zone A/C

First post (I hate I had to make it a problem), but I have a 2022 GDRV 260RB and came back and the thermostat was flashing on and off (backlight only) with no LCD readout. A/c & Heat not on, and reset everything (cut power 12v and shore power). The thermostat was actually quite warm so I removed it from the wall and it was showing 150-180 degrees with an infrared thermometer so I disconnected the wires from the back.

I am contacting for warranty support today but I wanted to ask, how do you go about diagnosing if it is a bad thermostat or bad part in the a/C unit when you get no error codes and the thermostat is essentially locked up. I am thinking there is a short in the thermostat or bad control board, but don't know how you go about testing the parts to see where the problem is (don't wanna get a thermostat and the bad control board fry it, or did a bad thermostat cause a control board failure).

Any advice is much appreciated or questions.

Donnie

Dmc112 (Donnie),

Welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to check out the new members letter here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members It should help you get the most from your time here on the forum.

To your question: there's not a lot of detail in the Furrion Thermostat's manual (wiring diagrams). From a webinar I snipped the picture below of the back of the thermostat. Since your 'stat worked at one time, I assume it was wired correctly.

Other than that...I can't think of any way to test it other than swapping in a known good thermostat.

Note--the pic below is the original (old) style without the sensor in the 'stat. If yours is a new style (it will obviously have a sensor and will look different) make sure the replacement also has the sensor. If your thermostat does not have the sensor, consider requesting the upgrade kit from GD and convert your system to the latest from Furrion. Long threads on the whole thermostat issue on the forum...

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Furrion Thermostat.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	96015
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have the FACW10ESSA-BL and yes it was working earlier in the day for the furnace. I am going to pick up another thermostat today and try it out to see what I get, the thermostat getting so hot (the green board in the picture) is my biggest clue there is some sort of short somewhere in the system. Thank you for your response and I appreciate your help. I want to be able to work on my rig as much as I can myself, especially down the road. If it is the thermostat, I may look at upgrading to some sort of connected thermostat or at least one that can automatically switch between heat and cool.

Comment

Dmc112 -- that black loop next to the wire connector looks like the (new) sensor on the updated thermostat.

The EasyTouchRV thermostat by MicroAir has gotten good reviews from owners. Expensive, but MicroAir makes good products.

Other threads that may be of interest...https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...sytouch-rv-351 and https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...al-for-upgrade

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson My back plate shows I have a FACW10ESSA-BL and I sent all my info to micro-air yesterday and this was the response:

"For now, the listed thermostats are the only compatible ones. We recently learned of a -10- version that you have compared to the -12- versions listed. Most customers it does not work, with one or two reporting that they communicate but have weird operation.

We ordered the control board and thermostat a couple weeks ago and they shipped us the wrong items. So still waiting for the correct parts to come in.
          I would say check back January of 2023 as we may have it configured by then.

Regards, Barry
          Technical Support
          ​"

I am hoping they get an updated one soon as this is the exact option I want for my unit. I am looking now to see what other options there are or if I can install the electric option in the A/C unit. I really just want to not have to switch from heat to cold all the time in the fall and spring. I'll try to post any new info I find out.

Comment

I do have an update on my saga. My 260RB got a newer Furrion A/C unit installed mid year. This unit is brand new and there are not even parts available or very limited available at the moment. It really is a conundrum. I am currently trying to find out what parts are available or if I can use a different thermostat or change the controller out and use a different thermostat. I am not upset, sometimes things break...do I like that the new thermostat went bad..absolutely not. But I am ok understanding that everyone at GDRV, my dealer, & Furrion are working to get me what I need and get this fixed asap. I think that is the GDRV difference, I feel cared about and that everyone is doing something.

Comment

Working...
            X