2022 Imagine 2600RB Heating and Vent Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Imagine 2600RB Heating and Vent Question

In the bedroom of the 2600RB are two round vents on the wall. One is down near the floor and the other is about 2 feet up from it. The top one has no hose connected to it. When I remove the drawers in the kitchen by the Sink, I can see the Propane heating unit and its plenum where there are 4 Silver ducts coming off of it. One duct runs under the sink to the cabinet wall, one runs to the shoe storage area near the Entrance door, one to the bathroom, and one to the bedroom. If you get a mirror and look down near the Heating unit, you can see where the Hot and Cold water lines for the kitchen faucet run down through about a 3" hole in the flooring. So you can see through the hole down into the underbelly area. My first thought is there should be some insulation (spray foam perhaps) around the plumbing. But perhaps this hole is left open to allow heat to get down into the underbelly. We have the 4 seasons package. I know this may be hard to decipher, I should have taken some photos.

1. Is this hole not insulated intentionally to let warm air into the underbelly?
    2. Is the higher vent in the bedroom wall with no ducting connected a "Return Vent" or something?
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
    Dallas, Texas area

Here is a photo of the vents in the Bedroom of our 2600RB:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vents.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	96182
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Hi Bob,

I pulled the prints on the 2600RB and unfortunately, it's not real clear on what's going on. So I'm going to make some assumptions. According to the drawing with a 2017 revision date, the primary air return is under the stove. But it's possible the drawing has been updated since I obtained mine a couple of years ago.

I do remember there was a problem with heat imbalance on some Imagines a while back. Since the furnace is closest to the bedroom, it was getting very hot and the rest of the coach was staying too cool. The second vent without a hose may be a way to let excessive hot air circulate back to the furnace area. I'm pretty sure it was designed this way and not an oversight.

As for the other openings, there are several ways GDRV tries to get heat into the underbelly, so I would not try sealing any of those. The only resealing I'd ever do is if you found an opening to the outside that wasn't sealed.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim for that info. Makes sense. Next time I need to remember to take some pics. The reason I was even looking in that area of the furnace is because I had a leak again in the bath area at the Spray Port fitting again. The water was creeping down along the underside of the trailer following the lip of the skirting and dripping near the steps and near the heater cover outside. I fixed the leaks but was curious if there was perhaps another leak from the kitchen sink plumbing. I had to remove the LARGE bottom drawer in the kitchen and while I was in there I looked around seeing the ducting off the heater, the kitchen sink line routing through the floor etc.
        I will say that the heater works very good. Even though we were in Texas last week the temperatures dropped during the night into the 50's. That was a little chilly for us in the mornings. Heater in the morning, Air conditoning in the afternoon.
        2022 Imagine 2600RB
        Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Bob Davis2Bob, I have a "cheap" electric heater from Wally world that is on it's 3rd camper. It will not heat the camper fast, but it will hold an maintain temp. I've used it in a 23' TT and two 33' 5er's. Nice thing is it's small, semi quiet, and can be used to introduce heat only where I need it. For sleeping, it sits on the kitchen island or bathroom counter top.

In the 5er's the portable plus the fireplace (portable ends up taking over) have kept me comfortable to mid 30's, in the TT it would keep me comfortable by itself to the 20's.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks Joseph for the info!
            2022 Imagine 2600RB
            Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Working...