Furnace help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furnace help plz

Newbie-LP ran out, was using electric so no big deal. But filled LP, purged lines of air and had all burners blue......problem is= furnace wont click on. Turned off & on few times-nothin... Suggestions??? TY!

Pull the fuse for the furnace out of the panel or otherwise cycle 12V power. It locks up after 3 tries to light.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
      Pull the fuse for the furnace out of the panel or otherwise cycle 12V power. It locks up after 3 tries to light.
      Took out the fuse and put back-nothin. Cycle 12v? U mean unplug shore power and try again? Sorry really new!

Comment

Aimee - When trying to light the furnace, it needs to go through a few steps first.

1. Make sure your thermostat is set to heat, and that the temperature setting is higher than the temperature in the RV.
        2. Do you hear the fan turn on? If not, that will lead us down one trouble-shooting path.
        3. If the fan comes on, do you hear the igniter clicking?

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Aimee - When trying to light the furnace, it needs to go through a few steps first.

1. Make sure your thermostat is set to heat, and that the temperature setting is higher than the temperature in the RV.
          2. Do you hear the fan turn on? If not, that will lead us down one trouble-shooting path.

Jim
          Yeah-cycled through and put to 75' no click no fan....but thought maybe it shut me out, didnt know if there was a reset etc. Burners have great flame so air is purged it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Jim
            and Jim we have 17' reflection 297RSTS also

Comment

Aimee - This issue could be caused by several situations.

1. Check out your fuse panel at the end of the hutch for a blown fuse.
              2. The furnace may not be getting voltage.
              3. The control board may have failed. This wouldn't be surprising at six years old).

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie

Comment

It must be tied to running out of LP. Pull shore power and cycle the battery disconnect. Then give it a try.

But.......even though I think it will end up related to running out of LP.....A failed t-stat could also be a possibility. TucsonJim, ever jumper the t-stat in your trailer?
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

When you cycle the battery disconnect, wait at least 30 seconds for any circuit board to de energize (lots of little things on boards store a small amount of power to ensure stability).
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                    It must be tied to running out of LP. Pull shore power and cycle the battery disconnect. Then give it a try.

But.......even though I think it will end up related to running out of LP.....A failed t-stat could also be a possibility. TucsonJim, ever jumper the t-stat in your trailer?
                    No I haven't. But that's a great idea to eliminate the thermostat as a source of the problem.

Jim
                    Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee View Post

Yeah-cycled through and put to 75' no click no fan....but thought maybe it shut me out, didnt know if there was a reset etc. Burners have great flame so air is purged it seems.
                      When you state "cycled through", does that mean the thermostat was set to OFF? Removing power to the board should do the same reset, but after three tries the board must be cycled by turning the thermostat OFF and then back to heat.

Please post a picture of the thermostat in your 297RSTS.

Howard
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just ran across this thread as I am trying to figure out why my heater will not come on in my 2021 22RBE, this is interesting and something that I have not found or heard before. I did not know the furnace would lock out. When I try to activate my heater I hear nothing and nothing responds. Fuse is good, battery voltage is 12.3 - 12.6 when tested, propane tank is full (refrigerator works on gas as does stove and oven). I have only had the furnace on one time since I purchased and that was last year at this time. I have contacted dealer however they are 5 weeks out and I need some heat for next week as it going to be single digits in east Tennessee.
                        So as I understand it, I can pull the fuse and wait a few minutes before putting it back. Will this reset the heater if its locked out or do I need to remove battery cable as well.
                        I appreciate this information and any additional that may be shared.

Thanks,
                        Mark
                        2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
                        2021 GMC AT4 5.3

Comment

smithmr This is from the service manual. Basically, you have to turn the thermostat to the OFF position in order to reset the lockout to "not locked out". Then turn the thermostat back on to the desired setting.
                          "The module board also performs the lockout function in cases where the spark fails to light the burner. When lockout occurs, the spark stops, the voltage from the module board to the gas valve is discontinued, and the valve closes. The unit will remain in lockout and the blower will continue to run until the thermostat is turned off. Turning the thermostat off disengages the lockout function of the module board. After the blower has stopped, the ignition sequence can be started again. The module will try three times for ignition before lockout."
                          Last edited by pengle; 12-15-2022, 10:32 PM.
                          Pat and Karen
                          2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

smithmr Can you confirm the MFG of the furnace?
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

howson Howard, is this something you can answer in post 12?
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X