Where is the cold air return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the cold air return?

I have a 2022 Imagine 2500RL. Where is the cold air return for the Furrion heater?

Welcome to the forum.

According the the drawing "Heat/Air Plan" which was last updated, it's located under the stove at the floor. The drawing was last updated on 8/25/20. This is also in agreement with photos posted on the GDRV website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2500.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	99961

Name:	2500A.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	99962

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you so much!!
      Would you post a copy of the heat/air plan, so I can see the whole drawing?

THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by Haiyaftm View Post
        Thank you so much!!

THANKS
        GD does not allow the moderators (or anyone) to post them.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Haiyaftm View Post
          Thank you so much!!

THANKS
          Contact Grand Design Customer Service with your VIN and they will likely send you the drawings that you want. You will also be required to not post these on any public site.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I'm still mystified by where the return air is in our 2500RL. As depicted on the photo on post 2 by Jim TucsonJim there is a small slot under the stove, about 1/2" x 30" above the kickboard. However, when holding a kleenex there while the fan is on, there is almost zero suction. The heat vents are blowing very powerfully, so it seems to be be getting enough air. It will have to remain a mystery.
            Ottertail, Minnesota
            2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
            2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

AlexPeterson
              Unfortunately, as we've often noted, the drawings are not always 100% accurate.

What is this gap for in the kitchen cabinet?

Name:	What is this.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	104242
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

OK, I again put some thin paper up against the slot under the stove. There is indeed air going into the return. I suspect there are sufficient leaks around the drawers to allow some return routing there also.

howson the gap in your post is simply a cubbyhole for misc. stuff. The horizontal board is simply a "guard rail" to keep it in.
                Ottertail, Minnesota
                2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Contact Grand Design Customer Service with your VIN and they will likely send you the drawings that you want. You will also be required to not post these on any public site.

Rob
                  What drawings does GD have available besides the Heat/Air Plan? Do they have plumbing and electrical drawings? Wiring diagrams?
                  2022 Reflection 280 RS
                  2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

BR549

Grand Design has fairly detailed structural drawings but electrical and plumbing are at a "plan" level. Electrical will show the location of outlets and devices, but not how the wiring is routed to these. Thus, not much more info than you can observe in a completed trailer. There are no wiring diagrams, in the traditional sense. Plumbing will be at a schematic level, basically showing what connects to what. There are several different design teams at Grand Design and they each create their drawings to differing detail levels. Contacting Customer Service with your VIN is the only way to determine what is available for your model.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

2250RK - Can someone tell me where the cold air return for the furnace is on the 2250RK?

Comment

Originally posted by Fallenscout View Post
                        2250RK - Can someone tell me where the cold air return for the furnace is on the 2250RK?
                        It looks like it's the gap between the wall and closet behind the toilet. The information GD has made available to the moderators points in this area (without being specific). Looking at a video of the area this is the only place I could think of that would serve that purpose.

Howard

Name:	return 2250RK.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	104590

Comment

Working...
                        X