Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Tankless Water Heater Experiences

Hey folks,

We just bought a new 2023 2500RL on Saturday (dealer will store until April) and it has the new Furion tankless water heater, which I like for the temperature control and of course more hot water when you need it. What are some of the negatives/pitfalls I should be aware of when it comes to this new piece of equipment? What have people's experiences been?

Originally posted by 2MannCrew View Post
    Hey folks,

We just bought a new 2023 2500RL on Saturday (dealer will store until April) and it has the new Furion tankless water heater, which I like for the temperature control and of course more hot water when you need it. What are some of the negatives/pitfalls I should be aware of when it comes to this new piece of equipment? What have people's experiences been?
    Enter this criteria Furrion Tankless site:gdrvowners.com into the search engine of your choice (Google, DuckDuckGo, etc). You'll have plenty of reading to do.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Appreciate it Howson, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by 2MannCrew View Post
        Appreciate it Howson, thank you!
        Is there anything specific that wasn't covered in your reading (a question in your mind)? Any idea if you have the older version or the updated Furrion in your trailer?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Haven't had a chance to read anything yet. We're actually doing the orientation walkthrough on Saturday, so I'll be asking plenty of questions on how to winterize, how it handles cold evenings, etc. Side note. . . where do I go in my profile to put my trailer and tow vehicle information like how some people have at the bottom of their comments?

Comment

2MannCrew

The Welcome Letter to New Members will help you with your signature.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

2MannCrew If you are in a prone to freezing climate do not let the dealer us water for the walk through.

On the tankless design, never use the bypass if it has one, just turn the unit off. Also, on the walk through, have the dealer PDI tech show you the hidden red relief valve on the back (this is critical to winterizing the unit) as they can be a pain to reach if you do not know where to look / feel (the red knob is toward the rear of the tankless unit with the piping and valve outboard of that).
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Picked up a Furrion Tankless with new 17MKE and hit the road South. Dealer refused to fir up the water heater on walk thru due to freezing weather. We headed South and had no hot water.

it would fire, run; but only produced water at 80 degrees.

Daily phone calls could not fix it. Could not book any dealer visits in the road unless I wanted to stay in one place for 3 weeks.

In Florida I paid an onsite repair company.

They confirmed all that I had done.

Found gas pressure at 11” static and 8.5 “ on draw. They adjusted to 11-15 and things got better. But, had to call factory support. Turns out that the flow control know doesn’t work like the book said. They had us move it to 2/3 full and bingo. Hot water flows. If flow control is on full Min or full Max it goes into limiting.

good to know

Comment

Originally posted by gberkeley21@gmail.com View Post
                  Picked up a Furrion Tankless with new 17MKE and hit the road South. Dealer refused to fir up the water heater on walk thru due to freezing weather. We headed South and had no hot water.

it would fire, run; but only produced water at 80 degrees.

Daily phone calls could not fix it. Could not book any dealer visits in the road unless I wanted to stay in one place for 3 weeks.

In Florida I paid an onsite repair company.

They confirmed all that I had done.

Found gas pressure at 11” static and 8.5 “ on draw. They adjusted to 11-15 and things got better. But, had to call factory support. Turns out that the flow control know doesn’t work like the book said. They had us move it to 2/3 full and bingo. Hot water flows. If flow control is on full Min or full Max it goes into limiting.

good to know
                  Thanks for the informative post and welcome to the forum. When you catch up and read the Welcome Letter you'll see it's not a good idea to use your email address as your forum name. Contact me or any moderator via private message (PM) or respond here with how you'd like it changed and we'll make it happen.

Again, welcome!

Howard

Comment

I have the same unit.
                    Last edited by markandkim; 03-25-2023, 06:28 AM.
                    USN Engineer Retired
                    2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
                    2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Working...
                    X