Nautilus P1 Valve /Diverter Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nautilus P1 Valve /Diverter Replacement

Going to have torn replace diverter green valve and ball valve blue/black handle. Found parts on RV Locks and More and instructions but any tips and tricks suggestions would be appreciated

Jonmajors62 -- I've had my Nautilus out of the rig and reinstalled. It's fairly straightforward. I labeled all the hose connections and took dozens of pictures from all angles to ensure I could get it back together again.

Good luck--and please--document the project and report back with any lessons learned. The power of an owners forum is the sharing of our varied experiences.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Jonmajors62 -- it's a long thread with a lot of non-applicable information due to the nature of the project, but there are a few "lessons learned" about the Nautilus in my "soft hose replacement project" here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...9716#post19716

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        Jonmajors62 -- I've had my Nautilus out of the rig and reinstalled. It's fairly straightforward.

Howard
        Are you saying the the whole thing has to come out for the swap? Too tight back there to get it done otherwise?

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Nautilus-P1-Repair.pdf

This may help.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I hear from a few sages on this site that once you disturb the soft hose connections they may become problematic, these may help to prevent the job from expanding in scope
            https://www.amazon.com/XFITTING-PEX-...s%2C282&sr=8-3
            Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 12-27-2022, 10:38 AM.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Thanks all. It does appear from the install/repair instructions you need to pull the panel out to repair which seems reasonable. I’m thinking I will replace the pump while I’m at it since it seems a bit hard to get to and since I will have things moved out of the way ……..

gret info, thank you greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                Jonmajors62 -- I've had my Nautilus out of the rig and reinstalled. It's fairly straightforward. I labeled all the hose connections and took dozens of pictures from all angles to ensure I could get it back together again.

Good luck--and please--document the project and report back with any lessons learned. The power of an owners forum is the sharing of our varied experiences.

Howard
                I will definitely document in detail for the forum and because I likely do it again 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                  Are you saying the the whole thing has to come out for the swap? Too tight back there to get it done otherwise?
                  Not necessarily. Depends on what is getting replaced.

My Nautilus came out since I completely replaced all the soft hose with PEX. It's all documented in the thread.

Comment

I would echo the earlier comment that disturbing a crimped soft hose connection may cause this connection to leak. This is because the soft hose is actually too large an ID for the Pex fitting that it is crimped to and “working” this connection causes it to loosen. Sometimes you can re-crimp the band to stop the leak, but more often the connection has to be replaced.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X