Head scratcher island faucet flow/no flow situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head scratcher island faucet flow/no flow situation

It got cold. 18* couple nights ago. Thought pipe to island froze. Did the normal hair dryer on the low point drains....nothing. Pulled coroplast down and found no ice...hmmmmm Tried using the pump and water flows. Try city again and water gets to the connection under the sink but not through the faucet. Going to try back flushing city water connections? Any other thoughts? Thought it might be the faucet as I ruled everything else out....but works using pump. Thoughts are to change filters and pull low point drain plugs and turn water on at pump....
    2018 337RLS
    720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
    disc brakes, ems

Jims94vmx -- that's very odd. If water flows from the kitchen faucet using the pump, and water (pressure) is present at the faucet connection when on city water...there's no reason I can think of that would stop the water from flowing through the faucet.

Is there any other failure of water flow in the camper on city water? Toilet flushes? Shower and bathroom sink water flows?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

All other water flows.... if faucet did not flow on the pump I would pull apart the faucet.
      2018 337RLS
      disc brakes, ems

Comment

I pulled off the connections to the faucet yesterday and water flows to that point on city, just not to faucet itself.

maybe something in part of the city line causing blockage. Stumped
        2018 337RLS
        disc brakes, ems

Comment

Originally posted by Jims94vmx View Post
          All other water flows.... if faucet did not flow on the pump I would pull apart the faucet.
          I can't explain that one...very strange. To my knowledge the water lines leading to the faucet are the same whether on city or the water pump (they only diverge at the Nautilus panel).

Cate&Rob...help, please!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If there is water coming out of both hot and cold lines where they attach to the faucet . . . the only thing left is an obstruction within the faucet. I would pull apart the faucet . . . or more likely just replace it. There are nicer alternatives at any plumbing/hardware store for a very reasonable price.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I just flushed out low point drains and put in new filters and found I had caused this late last night.

when I was working on the low point drains I cut off flow at a Y connector going into the panel.

before all this I used compressed air to clear the faucet. So problem was originally frozen and blockage at faucet.

thanks for letting me vent and offer advise.
              2018 337RLS
              disc brakes, ems

Comment

You can unscrew the sprayer on the faucet to see if there is a clog at the ultra fine screen that is typically there. Be careful the spray hose does not retract into the cabinet below. I tie it in a loose knot to keep this from happening. My parents have city water and I have to do this maintenance task on their faucet every two weeks where their flow will not stop completely but does come close.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Comment

When on the pump our pressure is a couple of psi higher than when on city water, thanks to our pressure reducing valve. Thinking it's same for the OP and that the higher pressure with the pump was enough to push water past the blockage at the faucet.
                  John
                  2018 Momentum 395M
                  2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                  Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I put in a hot water recycling pump a few years back right at the connection under the island. I started at the low point drains and thawed them out.

next was pulling the manifold apart for the recirculating pump and flushing it out. (Water went through the manifold)

next was removing recirculating pump and hooking everything back as stock. No water.

next was taking off faucet hoses and blowing air from top of faucet then again from hot and cold feeds. Air freed lines.

the times I ran outside at some point I turned off the flow at a Y connector. So when I did the last test and had no water even though the air went through and the water pump worked.....that was me forgetting to turn back on the valve I closed.

I think turning on the hot water pump caused some particulate to get clogged.

so even though it got into the mid 20s this morning the only thing I did was to cover the low point drains last night. No issues....water running.

I did forget to cover the low point drains the very 1st night but thought the hot water recycling pump would be fine. So debris and then freeze.
                    2018 337RLS
                    disc brakes, ems

Comment

Working...
                    X