Water Leak under bedroom dresser 2021 Solitude 375Res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Leak under bedroom dresser 2021 Solitude 375Res

Noticed a leak in my storage area last night after turning water on. The leak isn’t bad but when looking further it seems to be coming from the water line going to the washer which runs under our dresser… anyone had any issues with this? Just didn’t know what I may need to do in order to fix. Any help is appreciated. I currently have the water cut off and the lines drained.
    Todd and Shanna Dupree
    2021 375RES-R
    2005 Chevy 3500 Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Most likely if it's not a high volume leak then it's the crimp at one of the connectors. Most likely flex hose to fitting or possibly PEX to fitting. See what type of fitting crimps are on your plumbing and order / pick up a set of crimpers. I think GD uses the band style with the "bump" where it gets tightened. If so, then this is the "TYPE" of tool you will need: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-3...010C/301921125 fits this band https://www.homedepot.com/p/3-4-in-S...10PK/301541074
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you so much. Pretty sure after taking out the dresser and washer/dryer I have found the culprit. The cold water soft hose that goes to the washer seems to be leaking. Another question would be since it is soft hose could I just use a regular hose clamp instead of the PEX clamp. I have a tool and PEX clamps, but thought with it being a soft hose the regular hose clamp might would work best.
      Todd and Shanna Dupree
      2021 375RES-R
      2005 Chevy 3500 Duramax
      B&W Companion Hitch

Comment

Unfortunately the soft hose is the problem. Rob from Cate&Rob has a lot of documentation on the fittings and hose dimensions. The PED ID and Soft hose ID are slightly different. The soft hose is slightly larger and does work if left undisturbed on the PEX fittings. HOWEVER a RV was described as an earthquake on wheels, thus everything gets moved around a bit.

The best thing is to replace the soft section with PEX, or convert it to a hose bib and use a washing machine hose if the flex is needed. There are no PEX to flex barb couplers and to make such one requires the use of a PEX to NPT, then NPT to Flex possibly with NPT nipples and couplers as needed.

Yes some have had mixed results using a worm drive clamp on the flex hose as it will compress the line a bit tighter, again be prepared for a possible leak.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X