Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain location for dishwasher prep in ST280RK

Hello Everyone!

I am preparing to install a dishwasher in my 2022 Solitude 280RK-R. This unit is dishwasher prepped, but unlike the other two examples in the modifications spreadsheet, the Dishwasher prep is in the island while the Kitchen sink is in the rear counter of the unit. (So no path between the dishwasher prep and the kitchen sink)

I have found power and water supply lines, but a pipe for the drain seems to be absent. Does anyone have any experience with this? The 280RK is a fairly new floorplan, so there isn't a ton of info out there yet.

Thanks!
    Nick
    2022 Solitude 280RK-R
    2013 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel

Hi I used an adapter.from amazon to connect to the sink drain.

Charles

https://www.amazon.com/Canplas-21233...ds=dishwasher+ drain+tee&qid=1672709828&sprefix=dishwasher+drain% 2Caps%2C151&sr=8-6​
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Thanks for the Response.

That would work in a floor plan where the sink is near the dishwasher prep, but in the 280RK, the dishwasher prep is nowhere near the sink. It is on its own in the island. Not sure if any other floor plans are laid out this way or not. It would seem that it would need its own drain, unfortunately the way the cabinets are arranged by the sink, it would not be possible to locate the dishwasher there without substantial modification.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	223
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	102343

Pulling the drawers out of the island, they have hot and cold water in there and the dishwasher 120v circuit. But no drain that I can find. It is a rather difficult area to gain full access to because of the heating ducts and slide hydraulics that all share that space, so hoping I am just missing something. Otherwise it looks like i might have to drop the underbelly to gain access to the other side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	131
Size:	768.1 KB
ID:	102344
      Nick
      2022 Solitude 280RK-R
      2013 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel

Comment

Hi Nick,

You should contact Grand Design Customer Service with this question (and let us know what you learn.) If they have supplied power and water . . . they will have a plan for the drain. The island is possibly right over the tank . . . maybe straight down ?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X