Water Intrusion in my 2019 399TH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Intrusion in my 2019 399TH

I have a bunch of water soaking my master bedroom carpet under the closet slide out. I need to track it down ASAP! I've asked GD for a plumbing diagram to rule out water lines in the Master Bedroom, but not response yet. I fear it is the slide out leaking into the bedroom too. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Herron's Nest View Post
    I have a bunch of water soaking my master bedroom carpet under the closet slide out. I need to track it down ASAP! I've asked GD for a plumbing diagram to rule out water lines in the Master Bedroom, but not response yet. I fear it is the slide out leaking into the bedroom too. Any suggestions?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	399th Floorplan.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	10237

I doubt it is plumbing, but GDRV-Megan can (hopefully) verify soon.

What is more likely is water is running down the outside and is getting channeled into the Schwintek rails. If you have the older style rail, it captures moisture in a "V". All it takes is a slight downhill tilt and the water will run into your trailer.

Below is a (poor!) sketch I made at a meeting where I learned of the new style Schwintek that is now inverted to alleviate this problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schwintek.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	10238

I've never had to battle this issue personally, so not exactly sure what is the best method to alleviate the problem. I suggest giving LCI Customer Support a phone call and ask them for suggestions. 1-574-537-8900

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Until you can get more-expert advice...

Is there any dampness between the toilet and the area you've noticed? Sometimes the connection on the back of the toilet is imperfect. Check for any other dampness creeping from the bathroom fixtures.

Can't tell from the floorplan - do you have supply lines for a washer/dryer setup in the bedroom? Doesn't look as though you do. AFAIK the only other reason you might have plumbing under your bedroom is for an outdoor kitchen. If you have one in/near your passthrough the water lines for it are likely easy to check in the ceiling of the pass-through.

After these quick checks it seems likely that the slide sealing is the culprit, as you guessed. Most-visible from the outside, with a ladder.

Good luck.

EDIT: I should have known that howson would be all over this right quick.
      Last edited by boyscout; 01-07-2020, 12:57 PM.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Hello! I saw your previous post, https://gdrvowners.com/forum/grand-d...wiring-diagram , and replied there. I have sent your requested documents to your private messenger on here. I would suggest contacting our customer service department though if there is as much water as what you're saying. They would be able to point you in the right direction right away. They can be reached at 574-825-9679.

Comment

Working...
        X