X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, New Problems!

2018 351M Momentum Nautilus NP1

Greetings!
    Went through the deep freeze recently in Tn. Unhooked from the city water connection, drained down to the low points, set the thermostat on 45 and went to ride out the cold with family. At some point, the propane ran out...
    After several above freezing days, we returned and hooked up the city water to find only a trickle of water at the rear bathroom sink (hot and cold, I believe) AND the water inlet on the toilet leaking into the bowl. No water at the kitchen or master bath/shower. Water DOES drain at the low points. At the faucet in the bay, I have only cold water. Nautilus settings are correct. I have cleaned screens to the intake at the nautilus and verified flow. Running about 50lbs pressure at the spigot but have tried higher. No signs of leaks from the underbelly or in the crawlspace.

As everyone knows, a diagram is non-existent...unless someone has made their own. Just a flow path would be incredibly helpful.

Please help!!!​

At the house during one of the deep freezes I had black water at 2 of our outside faucets. Is it possible that water froze and broke loose some type of particles in the water lines and has plugged the sink aereators?
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by robNeedles View Post
      2018 351M Momentum Nautilus NP1

Greetings!
      Went through the deep freeze recently in Tn. Unhooked from the city water connection, drained down to the low points, set the thermostat on 45 and went to ride out the cold with family. At some point, the propane ran out...
      After several above freezing days, we returned and hooked up the city water to find only a trickle of water at the rear bathroom sink (hot and cold, I believe) AND the water inlet on the toilet leaking into the bowl. No water at the kitchen or master bath/shower. Water DOES drain at the low points. At the faucet in the bay, I have only cold water. Nautilus settings are correct. I have cleaned screens to the intake at the nautilus and verified flow. Running about 50lbs pressure at the spigot but have tried higher. No signs of leaks from the underbelly or in the crawlspace.

As everyone knows, a diagram is non-existent...unless someone has made their own. Just a flow path would be incredibly helpful.

Please help!!!​
      There may be ice plugs still in the plumbing. You may need to run furnace heat for a while to thaw the lines. Low point drains do not drain all the water.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        At the house during one of the deep freezes I had black water at 2 of our outside faucets. Is it possible that water froze and broke loose some type of particles in the water lines and has plugged the sink aereators?
        Do you have e a carbon filter element that may have been broken by the freeze?
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Yeah, all those things could be possible. If it's not still frozen, I guess I'll be replacing some check valves next.

What about the leaky toilet inlet? Too much pressure from a blockage down the line? Freezer damage to the inlet itself?
          Should I plan on replacing that too?

Thanks, y'all! I'll keep ya posted.

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post

Do you have e a carbon filter element that may have been broken by the freeze?
            x2 on this idea from Ted . . . seems like blockage has occurred in a number of different locations at the same time. This could be the source. The toilet valve could be held open by the same contamination that is blocking flow elsewhere.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X