Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nautilus P1 Rebuild (to get rid of the poly tubing/piping due to leaks) 2017 297RSTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nautilus P1 Rebuild (to get rid of the poly tubing/piping due to leaks) 2017 297RSTS

Moderator Note--Don't miss post 22 where William has posted a summary of this upgrade! -Howard

Due to a number of leaks behind the Nautilus P1 panel and inspired by howson and https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...e-in-a-315rlts - I have committed to rebuild the panel.

My intent is to replace all the Poly with PEX on the panel first and tackle replacing all the poly pigtails later.

My current state is:
    1. I cut five pipes that went from the panel down into the underbelly.
    2. I cut the pipes to the pump
    3. I removed the panel and the bracket it screws to.
    4. I purchased all new swivel connectors, tees, elbows, PEX from Home Depot. I was able to be sure that I got the same manufacture for all parts (Apollo).
    5. I removed all the old PEX and Poly from the panel.
    6. I have dry fitted the tubing connection - based on the document: Nautilus-P1-Installation.pdf
      • I did not follow it exactly for a number of reasons:
        1. I liked Cate&Rob idea of having more room so I elected to use straight swivel connections.
        2. In the spirit of 'more room to work' - I've tried making all connections that go to the underbelly higher on the panel.
        3. The installation manual shows an 'in' and 'out' for the tank - and from looking at the original connections I believe that there is only one pipe going to the tank.
    For those that have gone before me - can you confirm that there is only one pipe going to the Fresh Water Tank?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nautilus Manual Fresh Tank.jpg Views:	176 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	102565
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Original Connection Fresh Tank.jpg Views:	118 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	102566
    Last edited by howson; 01-19-2023, 06:24 AM.
    La Porte, TX
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS
    2013 Ford F-250 SD SRW 4x4 6.7

Lptxtandem,

I can tell that you are going to fit in really well on this forum .

You are correct that there is only one line from the panel to the tank. It is used for either filling the tank or supply to the pump, depending on valve settings.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob - Thanks!

Here's my dry fit (so far) - gonna crimp and tighten down connections tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nautilus Rebuild Dry Fit.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	102573
      La Porte, TX
      2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

nautilus_p1installation.pdf That looks good. Like the Nautilus installation manual instructions.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Lptxtandem

You may have inspired me to finally do mine. I would like to note now would be a good time to replace the cone washers, I think these do not last as long as we would expect.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            Lptxtandem

You may have inspired me to finally do mine. I would like to note now would be a good time to replace the cone washers, I think these do not last as long as we would expect.

Brian
            Thanks, I am replacing all the fittings with brass and "so far", have been able to stick with the same manufacturer. This includes replacing all (15) of the Swivel Connectors.

I did forget that I wanted to add a pressure gauge, so back to Home Depot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230105_160515.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	102595
            La Porte, TX
            2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              Lptxtandem

Brian
              Even though I've had no issue yet....I'm thinking April will be plumbing time
              These cone washers?
              https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IRUKIO8/...lig_dp_it&th=1
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'WendyScott, those. I suggest keeping at least one bag of them in the camper. Our first TT and the first 5er both had issues with various ones leaking due to HWH expansion. I have 2 bags (could not find the original when I needed it) and replacing the seals seemed to help with the misc leaks. The original TT even used them for the fresh tank drain and low point drains, so there was 1 that got used regularly for tank draining, and the other 2 occasionally for plumbing flush / drain.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Lptxtandem View Post

Thanks, I am replacing all the fittings with brass and "so far", have been able to stick with the same manufacturer. This includes replacing all (15) of the Swivel Connectors.

I did forget that I wanted to add a pressure gauge, so back to Home Depot!
                  I never counted, but there's 15 on the back of the Nautilus panel?
                  Sure glad they 'simplified' RV plumbing from the days of a gravity fill and a heater bypass...lol
                  2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I remember the first MH parents had. SIMPLE, gravity fill tank, plastic drain valve, copper plumbing to real fittings, and no heater bypass.

PEX is great when used properly, but why would they do that. RV plumbing should be similar to house plumbing. Stop valves mounted, then flex to the fixtures.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Lptxtandem

Could you share a parts list, fittings and such for the panel?

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers see the pdf file, post no.4.
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy

As you already found out, yes those cone washers. I never counted but did not realize there are 15 back there, I will have to get more. I had a spare bag of 10 but they have dwindled as while camping someone generally needs something that I carry around.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'll try to post a parts list once I'm done... bear with me, though, I'm slow and my trailer is in a storage facility.

Oh, and there's 16 not 15 swivel connectors on my panel.
                            La Porte, TX
                            2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

Since the sub-purpose of this forum is spending other people’s money . . . you might want to think about adding a solenoid valve to the city water inlet. Very handy to have as explained in posts 5 and 7 of this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...hat-soft-hoses

Rob
                              Cate & Rob
                              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                              2015 Reflection 303RLS
                              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X