X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No water, Mo problems

2018 351M Momentum Nautilus NP1

Greetings!
    Went through the deep freeze recently in Tn. Unhooked from the city water connection, drained down to the low points, set the thermostat on 45 and went to ride out the cold with family. At some point, the propane ran out...
    After several plus freezing days, we returned and hooked up the city water to find only a trickle of water at the rear bathroom sink (hot and cold, I believe) AND the water inlet on the toilet leaking into the bowl. No water at the kitchen or master bath/shower. Water DOES drain at the low points. At the faucet in the bay, I have only cold water. Nautilus settings are correct. I have cleaned screens to the intake at the nautilus and verified flow. Running about 50lbs pressure at the spigot but have tried higher. No signs of leaks from the underbelly or in the crawlspace.

As everyone knows, a diagram is non-existent...unless someone has made their own. Just a flow path would be incredibly helpful.

Please help!!!

LATEST UPDATE
    Ok, So I ran the heat at 85 for a couple days and it hasn't been back below freezing since the initial freeze. I've cleaned faucet screens and the flow to the city water inlet is good. We now have slow flow at the rear sink and toilet, a dribble at the kitchen/bathroom sinks and toilet, and still nothing at the shower. This might be telling...the cold water flow is better than hot, which is almost non-existent. This is also true at the faucet on the Nautilus P1 panel in the bay. NONE of the flow after the city inlet is back to pre-freeze levels.

Ideas?​

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the update. It sure sounds like something in the system is clogged up. The first thing I'd do is remove the basement panel and see if everything looks normal. I assume you're not seeing any drips coming from the underbelly that would signify a broken pipe?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by robNeedles View Post
      2018 351M Momentum Nautilus NP1

Greetings!
      Went through the deep freeze recently in Tn. Unhooked from the city water connection, drained down to the low points, set the thermostat on 45 and went to ride out the cold with family. At some point, the propane ran out...
      After several plus freezing days, we returned and hooked up the city water to find only a trickle of water at the rear bathroom sink (hot and cold, I believe) AND the water inlet on the toilet leaking into the bowl. No water at the kitchen or master bath/shower. Water DOES drain at the low points. At the faucet in the bay, I have only cold water. Nautilus settings are correct. I have cleaned screens to the intake at the nautilus and verified flow. Running about 50lbs pressure at the spigot but have tried higher. No signs of leaks from the underbelly or in the crawlspace.

As everyone knows, a diagram is non-existent...unless someone has made their own. Just a flow path would be incredibly helpful.

Please help!!!

LATEST UPDATE
      Ok, So I ran the heat at 85 for a couple days and it hasn't been back below freezing since the initial freeze. I've cleaned faucet screens and the flow to the city water inlet is good. We now have slow flow at the rear sink and toilet, a dribble at the kitchen/bathroom sinks and toilet, and still nothing at the shower. This might be telling...the cold water flow is better than hot, which is almost non-existent. This is also true at the faucet on the Nautilus P1 panel in the bay. NONE of the flow after the city inlet is back to pre-freeze levels.

Ideas?​
      Could the water heater be full of ice? Did you drain it? Also the HWH inlet check valve may have been damaged. That line does not usually drain when the low points are opened - at least on my unit.

Please post back what you find behind the wall.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

You may try setting the nautilus panel to HWH bypass. If tanked, you could even open the HWH drain and look for flow.

It's completely possible that the spigot froze during the cold and released a bunch of nasty sediment into the line (I had this happen on 2 outside faucets at the house), in my case black water flowed from the line for a few seconds then cleared. If this had been hooked to something with a screen, it most likely would have plugged.

In any case if you have water flow and suspect you may have frozen lines, let them run. Ground water is typically above freezing and if the supply hose is not long enough to give up the heat and freeze, it will eventually thaw out the lines. Again first hand experience.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

So here's an update, finally.
          I hired someone smarter than me
          It was a combination of damage from the extreme cold (I heard a -34 wind chill, but you know how people exaggerate).
          Valves, bypasses, all kinds of fun stuff. Had to replace the Nautilus panel, which not cheap.
          SO, I had him replace everything with brass while he was under there...and bought a heated hose.

Now I have an entirely new problem (look for my post on lippert one control, coming soon to a forum near you!)

Thanks for everyone's help! It bugs me when I see one of these with no resolution, so I wanted to be sure and give one

Comment

Working...
          X