Need a shower, but no water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a shower, but no water

All the water in our 395ms works except the shower. There a tiny in trickle coming out then it stops all together. We have only been in it for3 days.
    Is there a switch or something I haven't found yet?

Originally posted by 2+dogs RV Living View Post
    All the water in our 395ms works except the shower. There a tiny in trickle coming out then it stops all together. We have only been in it for3 days.
    Is there a switch or something I haven't found yet?
    Could there be a shut-off on the shower handle itself? Take a picture of the shower assembly and post it.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

As mentioned by Howard, most RV original installed shower heads have an on / off valve built into the head. Some are a slide, some a lever on the back, and some even a turn on the opposing side of the head from the nozzles.

How long have you had the unit? You may have construction debris in the shower valves or hose. Hose should be removable. You can try removing the hose, put a towel over the outlet and crack the handles to see if / how much water flow. BE CAREFUL as this can lead to massive amounts of water hence the towel to help, ensure your hand is over the outlet with the towel layered to help keep the water discharge in check. If this proves to be successful, then head or hose is clogged. You may be able to back blow through the head / hose and dislodge the debris.

A lot of people change out the head anyway as the factory ones just are't there. I put on a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and note the black dot on the back side just under the spray area. This is an on / off valve so you can "NAVY SHOWER" without changing the temp settings on the valves.

Edit: I just looked up the shower and noticed it's the full body one. These are known to be water hogs and require HIGH FLOW regulators on the hoses. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/67709 this is from the 2023 model, but I believe they have been using them for a while on the M class.

You may also want to check your water filters.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I vote for stuff (self edit) in the screen if all of your other faucets have water. .
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

This is our shower. We have had the camper for a week now.

Comment

As mentioned, several people have noted issues with the shower if trying to use the body spray functions. Since you state it has water for a very short time then drops, it could be that you have debris in the system. At this time, it seems there are lots of threads with faucets not working with people finding debris in the lines plugging up the heads. This ranges from showers to kitchen sinks.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X