X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One COntrol will not turn on Water Pump

Hi All,

2020 Momentum 349M

I am looking for some help with my LCI panel in conjunction with my water pump on my 2021 Grand Design Momentum 349M. Please see below for details…

My water pump will not work when I press the Water Pump icon on the one control panel –
    • Water pump works normal when connected to external 12V source (rules out Water pump issue)
    • I have “hard” reset the One Control Panel several times. All other features work as they should.
    • Checked Fuses in the main fuse panel, all good.

When I press the icon it turns on then turns right off. During this time I can hear two things….
    1. I can hear the pump turn on and try to charge for 1 second then stops.
    2. I can also hear something under the stairs, like a toggle or switch where the Main Control Center is (not sure the correct terminology for this, looks like a huge amp).

The Water Pump worked via One Control when we first purchased the 5th wheel. Then we noticed that it would stay on for a period of time then turn off (realized when water stopped pumping). Now it won’t even turn on or charge the water system. This has me thinking that there must be some type of Relay or Switch in the circuit that must be bad or something with the LCI One Control Main Center under the stairs.

Can anyone tell me how the Water Pump function is supposed to work? Is it in conjunction with a relay or a switch that is in/on the main control panel under the stairs?

Thank you!!!
    Last edited by Country Campers; 01-16-2023, 05:48 PM. Reason: changed font to Forum standard

This may seem obvious but I have the same RV and wonder if you have checked the water pump toggle switch in the exterior wet bay? There is a switch there that allows you to power off the pump.
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

Originally posted by steveharris805 View Post
      2020 Momentum 349M
      I am looking for some help with my LCI panel in conjunction with my water pump on my 2021 Grand Design Momentum 349M. Please see below for details…
      Can anyone tell me how the Water Pump function is supposed to work? Is it in conjunction with a relay or a switch that is in/on the main control panel under the stairs?​
      Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum. The information I'm going to share below assumes the data on drawings provided to the moderators (by GD) is accurate. Unfortunately that is not always the case, so please do not take this information as "gospel". Also, the info below assumes you have some mechanical / electrical knowledge, understand and practice electrical safety, and have the physical ability to find your way into the belly of the beast (where the board I'll reference resides). Use your best judgment on how you'll proceed.

That "large amplifier" in your post is likely the Unity X4 board. Everything that you see on the OneControl Touch Panel (OCTP) is connected to, and recieves power from, the Unity X4. What happens is the OCTP sends a command signal (based on what you select) to the Unity, which then executes the command by turning on or off the applicable device.

For the water pump, it should be pin 9 (upper right of the configurable input) where the water pump is wired (gets power from the board). Beyond ensuring the plug (and wire) is secure there's not much else you can do. Well--you might check that the wires on the GND stud are secure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	X4 board.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	103329

Other than that I'm not sure what else to suggest except provide you with Lippert Customer Service information (Lippert is the X4's OEM): https://support.lci1.com/

Please report back when the issue is resolved--the power of an owner's forum comes from sharing information!

Again, welcome.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Craig Carter - This occurs regardless of the switch's position in the Nautilus bay.

howson - Thank you for the detailed information. Upon quickly looking with the minimal access I have the Confg Input is secure as well as the the ground. I'll do some further testing this weekend with a Multi Meter.

Thanks for the help
        Last edited by steveharris805; 01-17-2023, 10:47 PM.

Comment

steveharris805 If you want to compare water pump fuse/configuration settings, I've posted mine here. You can enter the advanced screen by pressing the top left icon 5 times in a row and confirming when prompted with the warning. Scroll down until you find your water pump configuration. If these settings all look good, recommend you call Lippert support as recommended by Howard and they should be able to help. Note my configuration is number 9 as is the configurable input Howard pointed out above.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Page1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.7 KB ID:	103427 Click image for larger version  Name:	Page2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.0 KB ID:	103425 Click image for larger version  Name:	Page3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	103426
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Craig Carter; 01-17-2023, 03:51 PM.
          2020 Momentum 349M
          2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
          U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

Craig Carter thanks Craig! I think you posted a couple of duplicate snapshots. Want to make sure your settings on the last two screens are as below....

Minimum Operating Voltage = None
            ON/OFF INPUT - 9
            DSI Fault Input - Disabled
            Device Activation Timeout = Disabled

For the Fuse Type which is set at 15A Max, do you know where the fuse is? I don't see one noted in the panel and so far I have not seen one in line with the wiring? Although some of the wiring is under my stairs which I cannot get to without taking those apart (screwed and stapled) and it looks like the ground goes above the basement by the Nautilis and I have no idea where that goes or how to track it. If the fuse is on the pump, all good as noted in my first post the pump work perfectly fine when connected to an isolated 12VDC source.

Comment

Originally posted by steveharris805 View Post
              For the Fuse Type which is set at 15A Max, do you know where the fuse is?
              The "fuse" is on the X4 board itself. One of the features of the OneControl system is it routes power through the selected fuse when component x is commanded on. Since, in a given sub-area on the board, only one device can be powered at a time, when component y is commanded on the same fuse can be used for that component, too.

Ignore all the arrows in the pic below--I don't remember where I got it, but I believe the circled components are the self-resetting fuses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	X4 fuses.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	103479
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
              X