Docking station faucet hit by something rolling around in pass through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docking station faucet hit by something rolling around in pass through

Not sure what, but the end of the threaded plastic body for the right faucet sheared off. I got the end of the threads out of the retainer cap and managed to screw it on well enough to hold pressure in the system, but I am thinking I will replace with metal. I don't see anyone has had the same issue, but figured I'd ask.

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 Duramax Tahoe RST 4WD with tow (because 2017 GLS450 burned our garage down)

Originally posted by dbphillips View Post
    Not sure what, but the end of the threaded plastic body for the right faucet sheared off. I got the end of the threads out of the retainer cap and managed to screw it on well enough to hold pressure in the system, but I am thinking I will replace with metal. I don't see anyone has had the same issue, but figured I'd ask.
    Can you post a picture? What year / model GD? (Please fill out your signature line as outlined in the Welcome Letter.)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

the end of the threaded plastic body for the right faucet sheared off.
      Not that this will help with the fix, but this sounds like what happens when the system freezes . . . rather than an impact.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Duh. Forgot the pic.

And yeah, I think Rob is right. I forgot to open those valves and relieve the quick connects when I cleared the system... 😣
        2021 Imagine 2600RB
        2022 Duramax Tahoe RST 4WD with tow (because 2017 GLS450 burned our garage down)

Comment

Duh. Forgot the pic.

And yeah, I think Rob is right. I forgot to open those valves and relieve the quick connects when I cleared the system... 😣
          That faucet is relatively easy to replace...as long as you can reach behind the panel. Below is a shot of the one from my 315RLTS. Hopefully obvious how it comes out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	103484

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not so sure this particular scenario would result in fracture. Seems there is actually a lot of room for freezing water to move away from valve body. I have one good valve seat, so will test the theory once I replace it.
            2021 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Ohhh, check valves inside faucet valve body. Yep. Freeze damage. $40 from Amazon.
              2021 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Working...
              X