2023 Momentum 395MS-R: Front Black & Gray Tank Valves Flip-flopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Momentum 395MS-R: Front Black & Gray Tank Valves Flip-flopped

First post, new Grand Design owner (Came from a Forest River). Been in the new rig for about 2 weeks now, and so far loving it!

Question. Has anyone else experienced their black and gray tank dump valve handles in the wet bay being mislabeled? My top one is labeled "Black" and my bottom one is labeled "Gray", but when you pull them they are obviously flip-flopped (brown water comes out when I pull gray and clear when I pull Black). Now, I can live with the mislabeling (even relabel them if necessary), but I want to be sure they're not actually plumbed incorrectly. Wondering if my black waste is going into the gray tank and vice versa. Not sure if it would matter anyway would it? Any difference in capacity (I thought they were both 52gal)? Any difference in the design or material for the different tanks (except maybe the color of the plastic, which I can't see anyway)?

Thanks,
    Randy

GrandRandy -- Welcome to the forum. Please check out the Welcome Letter to learn how to fill out your signature line.

The 395M's three tanks are all labeled "HT466" on the GD drawing but I'm unable to find any other definitive information. I do know the two forward tanks drain into a common line (which you know already).

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, I'm aware the front 2 tanks (front black and front gray) both drain into the front sewer connection. I'm more wondering specifically about the 2 tanks themselves, but it sounds like you don't know...so we'll wait to see if anyone else has more info. Thanks for the feedback!
      Randy

Comment

In the assembly process, the handful of pull cables are routed from the gate valves through the floor install and towards the eventual water panel. They put a piece of black tape on the one from the black tank, but it would be pretty easy for that to get lost or mixed up. What drains into what tank is the plumbing. I am quite sure that it is just the labels or handles that got mixed up.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Depending on where the handles are mounted, it may be just as easy to swap their locations.

IIRC someone found that the handles and labels were not matching. Do the handles match the labels? You might also want to do a verification test by draining all tanks, then one by one add 5-10 gallons to what you thing a tank is and then drain. This will also let you know what fixtures drain into which tanks.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

GrandRandy

If you remove the rear wall in the pass thru storage you should be able to see the plumbing from the bathroom The front 2 tanks, located under the bath area, are black tank on the door side and gray tank on the street side. You should be able to follow the plumbing to see which tank it goes into. This will help you determine if the tanks are plumbed wrong or not. I would guess that the valve handles were put in the wrong hole. Even if the tanks are switch, black on street and gray on door side, as long as the plumbing is right and not connected in any manner there should no be any issues.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'll pull the wall back in the basement and take a look. I like the idea of the water test, I'll do that too.

Randy

Comment

Working...
              X