312BHTS Sink -- Drain to a Tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 312BHTS Sink -- Drain to a Tank?

Hello, we just picked up a 2022 312BHTS yesterday and are really frustrated the rear kitchen sink doesn't have a tank. A plumbed sink was a "must have" feature, we paid up to get a Reflection instead of an Imagine, and it isn't functional for "on the road" lunch stops or dry camping without mucking around with a bucket. A bucket is fine tent camping but is laughable in this rig. Has anyone heard of clever retrofits like plumbing into an existing grey tank, or adding a small (like 5gallon) auxiliary grey? Our issue with another grey is sorting out where it would vent to. Any outside the box ideas welcome! Thank you!

2022 Reflection 312BHTS with 2011 F350

pomocamper
    According to the information I have on the 312, the outside kitchen sink (OSKS) is plumbed straight to a dump valve on the opposite side of the camper. Is this true on your 312? (There can be, and often are, changes the moderators are not aware of in some of the GD models.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	OSK.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	104326

I doubt plumbing this line into an existing gray tank will be feasible. There has to be at least 1/4" drop per foot in the line and (obviously) no obstructions. The closest gray tank is just aft of the entryway door. With the opposing (thruframe) slides I suspect all that hardware underneath the trailer makes it very difficult to route a drain.

As you can read in my signature line, I have a 315RLTS. What I can tell you is that the aft area above the coroplast in my trailer has a lot of empty room. Since the aft slide in your 312 is a Schwintek (at least that's what pictures online lead me to believe) there might be room to insert a small tank in that area. A peak under the aft section of coroplast (the "plastic" covering the bottom of the trailer) will let you know for sure.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Grand Design has used a sump pump (Google Marine Shower Sump) where a sink is in a slide and cannot drain directly to a tank. This might be a solution to pump your OSK drain to an existing grey tank.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you both. We will find a solution. I just fear it will be at our own expense, and I am not very please about that! We are wondering about where to vent a small tank, I wonder if we can place the inlet low enough we can place a vent near the top of the tank and get enough rise to run a small hose up the ladder.

Comment

A sump with automatic pump, placed under the sink drain, requires only a small diameter hose to an existing tank and does not need a vent connection. This is a relatively simple solution. Very common on boats where the grey tank cannot be under the sink or shower.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob!

Comment

Working...
            X