Imagine 2150rb kitchen sink water pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2150rb kitchen sink water pressure

The kitchen sink water pressure goes from OK to almost gone over a period of few hours. Water pressure is in bathroom. i removed the drawers under the sink, but could not get close to do any good. Any ideas? We thought about cutting a hole in the wall behind to get at it.

Thanks for any help
    Hal

Originally posted by HAL PHALAN View Post
    The kitchen sink water pressure goes from OK to almost gone over a period of few hours. Water pressure is in bathroom. i removed the drawers under the sink, but could not get close to do any good. Any ideas? We thought about cutting a hole in the wall behind to get at it.

Thanks for any help
    Hal
    An easy solution may be to remove the water restrictor from the kitchen sink faucet head. (There could be several other causes--this is but one possibility but is very easy to implement.)

What is required is to pop out the small component in the faucet head.

One note of caution. If you attempt to get this out, do not use too much force when trying to get the screw to bite. You could push the restrictor into the head and then you'd have a real problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Restrictor.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	10444
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Howard. I did as you suggested, but unfortunately the problem still persists.

Comment

Thanks Howard. I did as you suggested, but unfortunately the problem still persists.
        Cate&Rob -- need a plumbing expert on this one.

Hal, until Rob chimes I have two other suggestions:

1) Check if the pressure problem is the same on city water as it is when using the pump from the fresh water tank
        2) Check for kinks in the line under the sink. Sometimes the weight that retracts the faucet handle can cause an issue.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for any help
          Hal
          I am curious that you say the pressure starts as ok then disappears over a period of a few hours. Can you give a little more info on that?

Is the problem the same on city water versus pump pressure?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

I am curious that you say the pressure starts as ok then disappears over a period of a few hours. Can you give a little more info on that?

Is the problem the same on city water versus pump pressure?

Brian
            I agree with Brian that this is a very curious failure mode . . . going from OK to low flow/pressure over a period of a few hours.
            The only thing that I can think of that would span this kind of timeframe would be heating of either the water system or the underbelly.

HAL PHALAN are you in a cold environment and warming either the water system or the entire trailer across the timeframe of the change in water pressure.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X