• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot water drain

where is the hot water heater drain located 2020 2600RB
    janvan

Originally posted by jangvankirk@bellsouth.net View Post
    where is the hot water heater drain located 2020 2600RB
    Hi jangvankirk--welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum.

The hot water is behind this panel on the rear of your 2600RB:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2600RB Hot Water Heater.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	10987

Underneath you should see a plastic cap that looks something like the picture below. (Mine is different as I installed a drain valve. Yours will just be a plastic insert.) Unscrew that plastic plug and the water will drain.

Name:	cap.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	10988

Forgive me for stating what may be obvious...make sure the hot water heater is off and ensure the water has cooled before attempting this or you'll get a hot water bath that you won't like--could seriously hurt you!

Another trick (that works on my 315RLTS) is to open the cold water low point drain (it's the blue hose with the white cap under the trailer) and then open the T&P valve (pic below) on the hot water heater. All the hot water will drain out the low point drain. Again--probably very obvious--but make sure the main water source is turned off before attempting.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Name:	TP valve.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	10989
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

thanks I was looking for a pet**** drain
      janvan

Comment

Originally posted by jangvankirk@bellsouth.net View Post
        thanks I was looking for a pet**** drain
        It won't have one. As I mentioned in the earlier post, I added that valve where you'll see a white plug. The only ways I know to drain the hot water are what I wrote earlier.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X