2022 Transcend 265BH - leak from spray port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Transcend 265BH - leak from spray port

Good day, long time browser, first time poster here. I just reopened my 265BH which had spent the winter at our seasonal campsite. Last year, really since we bought the camper, we have been unable to use the external spray port. I was today years old when I discovered sometimes the fitting freezes and you have to use a screwdriver to free it up, but I digress. Last fall, I failed to run antifreeze through that line because #1 I couldn’t hook up the hose, and #2 since we never used the thing, I wrongfully assumed it would be fine. Shortly after de-winterizing the rest of the camper, I noticed puddle under the center/rear area of the RV. After investigating, I found a slow but steady stream of water originating from what appeared to be under the freshwater tank AND a very slow drip near my spray port, but not the outside wall of the camper; rather the backside of exterior wall. Perplexed by the locations, I stopped by my local RV dealer who suggested water was in that line and had probably froze causing the leak. That seems very logical, but I can’t seem to find a way to access the plumbing for that spray port. I attached a couple pictures for reference. The first is showing where the water is dripping on the back of the exterior wall. The second appears to be a walled off spot where the plumbing should be, but no way to gain access. I tried to remove the floor of that storage area but the front side appears to be glued or otherwise firmly secured (all four screws were removed and it is free, save for the front). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    2022 Transcend 265BH - 2017 Audi Q7

Maizenblueguy
    I don't know for sure, but based on the location of the spray port and the configuration of the 265BH, I'd look to see if the false wall in that rear storage area can be taken down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	behind this wall.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	110742
    Since you've been here for awhile, you know we're all about pictures and follow-up. There's not much here about Transcends, so please let us know what you find.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I got you howson

I talked to General RV service advisor and he recommended I start with trying to remove the 4 screws holding the spray port to the RV. I did that, pulled out the adopter and this is what I discovered! There isn’t much extra hose, so I pulled it out just enough to expose the fitting that failed and was able to cap the line. Following that, I am leak free for the short term. The weather hasn’t been “camping weather” since I made the repair, but I plan to leave the system pressurized in the coming days for an extended period of time to confirm the fix. It was a simple removal of 4 screws and a little box cutter on the OEM sealant to remove the spray port. I reversed the process to reattach it after capping the water line. This is the short term fix. Long term will be to replace the fitting and re-reattach the spray port to return it to full functionality.
      2022 Transcend 265BH - 2017 Audi Q7

Comment

Working...
      X