Sanitizing with a Naulilus P2.5 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanitizing with a Naulilus P2.5 system

I just purchased a 23 Momentum 25G. I was getting ready to go out for the first time and was trying to sanitize the fresh water tank. The manual is very clear on how to do this, but it wouldn't work. The Nautilus P2.5 system seems to be different than most and had two port for normal water. The one on the left is labeled Winterize. The one on the right is labeled City Water Connection. To sanitize, it says to connect to the winterize port on the left with a hose and put the hose into a bucket with the chlorine solution. The green diverter valve on the left should be turned to the left and the blue diverter valve on the right should be facing down. The pump should be turned on and it is supposed to suck the chlorine solution into the fresh water tank. When I did this, I could not get any flow. If I turn the handles to the winterize position with both handles horizontal, it will pump the solution through the water lines in the trailer without a problem.

This same configuration is used if I need to add water to the tank when out dry camping, so I would like to figure out what I am doing wrong. The other posts that talk about sanitizing are for a different Nautilus system and don't seem to apply.

Has anyone else out there had this problem or been able to get this to work with the P2.5 system?

Thanks.
    Mike & Sue
    2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD w/Duramax
    2023 Momentum 25G

So the pump works and it will draw water/solution up the hose. It just will not deliver water/solution to the water tank. Hmmm. The pump outlet to the water tank may be kinked or somehow blocked. Look at the back of the panel to see if that hose to tank is kinked.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Can you fill the freshwater tank when connected to city water? I ask because this setting may use the common hose to tank as the pump fill setting.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
        Can you fill the freshwater tank when connected to city water? I ask because this setting may use the common hose to tank as the pump fill setting.
        I can. Everything seems to work normally except using the pump to put water in the fresh water tank. Since this is brand new, I was planning on taking it back to the dealer to find the problem, but if it was something I was doing wrong, I didn't want to waste a 2 hour trip. Thanks for looking at it for me.

Mike & Sue
        2023 Momentum 25G

Comment

mgnuttall -- seems fairly straight forward. At the 1:41 mark in the video below the presenter shows the settings and connection to use when sanitizing with the Nautilus 2.5. The rest of the video may be informative, too.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

@Howard, That was a great video. That is exactly how I have been trying to do it, so I must have a problem with the plumbing from the valves. I guess I will be taking it back to the dealer to check it out. Thanks for your help. It will be nice participating in this forum. I have a lot of questions that I will be looking for some expertise on.
            Mike & Sue
            2023 Momentum 25G

Comment

mgnuttall Welcome to the family and the forum!
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                mgnuttall Welcome to the family and the forum!
                Thanks. I am excited to be here and to get to know everyone in the forum.
                Mike & Sue
                2023 Momentum 25G

Comment

Working...
                X