City Water Inlet for P1 Nautilus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Water Inlet for P1 Nautilus

I wasn't sure whether to append the previous thread I was posting to or to begin a new one - mods, feel free to move this if it shouldn't be it's own thread.

I've been attempting to order a new City Water connection through RV locks and more - without much success. After a couple of days of emailing/calling/texting I received a message stating they were trying to contact the "vendor" to get a price and a lead time. Additionally, the City Water inlet is the ONE part that doesn't appear on RV Lock's website as an available part.

I've also got my local RV shop trying to track one down.

To confuse matters, it almost looks like the OEM part number has been changed - to 301-005-00007 - CITY WATER PLATE – B&B Molders (bandbmolders.com)

But I have since found one on Amazon that looks incredibly similar to the OEM - any thoughts on whether this will work or not? Amazon.com: Thetford 94216 City Water Flange Fill, Polar White : Automotive

I realize I can return it so I'll probably order 2 and give it a try. If it fits, is there any reason the internal mechanism would be different than the OEM and have unintenteded consequences?​

Thanks!!
    Mike and Rebecca
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
    2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Hi Mike,

The Amazon part certainly looks the same. If you scroll down, it looks like B&B is the source and the specs mention a check valve. I would certainly give it a try.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The B&B part number is 301-036-00017 white for the P1 city water inlet.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
        The B&B part number is 301-036-00017 white for the P1 city water inlet.
        Ted I saw that but when I called the local RV Parts store they couldn't find any record of that part #, and when I surfed B&B's website for City Water Fill I found a different part number - CITY WATER PLATE – B&B Molders (bandbmolders.com) I agree that the part listed on the Nautilus panel page is as you indicated.​

And the rep at RV Locks & More is ghosting me. I did just notice that I can find the same inlet part (appears to be same as what I found on Amazon) when I click through to their Water Components page as opposed to the Nautilus page, which is where I was looking previously.

I have ordered the part from Amazon and will give that a shot. For under $12 and a Friday delivery I figure it's a safe bet!
        Last edited by Mike & Rebecca; 04-25-2023, 07:31 PM.
        Mike and Rebecca

Comment

Mike & Rebecca Not sure if this is helpful, but I removed my city water connection a while ago. I connected a piece of PEX, came through the Nautilus panel with an elbow, and went directly into a water filter I put in the "gutter" in that compartment, then drilled through the gutter and brought a schedule 80 PVC nipple through and put a garden hose quick connect there. I put a PEX check valve just above the water filter, so when I unhook the hose the filter housing drains. No photos, but I will be at the rig tomorrow and can grab some if you want.

Just another option.

Edit, found this photo, I can grab better if you are interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	water in.png
Views:	359
Size:	666.0 KB
ID:	111055
          Last edited by ncitro; 04-25-2023, 08:17 PM.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

ncitro, when convenient I'd love to see the pictures of the fixtures below the connection shown here. And do you run RV antifreeze through the filter, or do you have some other way of winterizing? Thanks!
            Mike and Rebecca

Comment

Mike & Rebecca My winterizing procedure usually involves taking my rig to Florida, so I have not had to, but I do sanitize it using the fittings I added. Antifreeze should flow the same way if I needed to.

Name:	IMG_1348.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	111084

Name:	IMG_1346.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	111085
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
              X